Here is your fight size update for Tuesday, December 7, 2021:
- Carmelo Hayes stated that if he could defend his NXT North American championship against anyone it would be Seth Rollins. Seth Rollins was quick to acknowledge the respect put on his name.
I like your style, kid.— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) December 7, 2021
- In another noteworthy social media interaction, yesterday was the 17-year anniversary of the night the Trish Stratus and Lita main evented Raw for the WWE Women's Championship. Earlier this year on Saint Patrick's Day, Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa became the first women to headline an episode of AEW Dynamite. Taking to social media, both Lita and Trish Stratus had glowing words for Britt Baker after she thanked them for blazing the trail.
Take it away, you bad asses!! https://t.co/JdXwxonE0D— Amy Dumas (@AmyDumas) December 7, 2021
- Renee Paquette and Jon Moxley’s daughter, Nora, recently received a letter from Santa Claus, who happens to know Mick Foley very well.
- During a recent interview with Daily DDT, Bron Breakker spoke about his relationship with Bill Goldberg and any advice that Goldberg has passed along.
“I have [had conversations with Goldberg],” Breakker said. “I’ve known Goldberg since I was a kid really just because he’s around when I was growing up with WCW and stuff like that. Bill’s been extremely helpful to me. We’ve had discussions about him giving me pointers and advice and things to help me. He’s been unbelievable.”
- Alex Shelley has his sights set on a return to GCW
*DETROIT UPDATE*— GameChangerWrestling (@GCWrestling_) December 7, 2021
ALEX SHELLEY returns to GCW on Friday, January 14th in DETROIT!
SABU Comes HOME!
Streaming LIVE on @FiteTV!
1/14/22 - 7PM
Harpo's - Detroit pic.twitter.com/zDbGvchcYK
- Mick Foley is all for Becky Lynch retaining her gold.
- WWE is partnering with White Castle and GrubHub and has named several White Castle menu items after its WWE Superstars.
- The Natalya Meal features four Impossible Sliders, a 3 piece Cheese Stick and small Coke Zero Sugar for $8.36.
- The Dolph Ziggler Meal features four Bacon Cheese Sliders, a 6 piece Chicken Ring and medium Fanta Craver Party Punch.
- The WWE Crave Case features 10 Original Sliders, 10 American Cheese Sliders and 10 Jalapeno Cheese Sliders.
WWE has soiled the great name of White Castle by partnering with them and giving some of their lamest superstars signature meals pic.twitter.com/uMRaiWshwZ— virtualpros (@VRTLPROS) December 7, 2021
- 8Bit Slammers Launches With Lucha Libre Stars From Masked Republic
8Bit Slammers Launches With Lucha Libre Stars From Masked Republic
LOS ANGELES, CA -- 8Bit Slammers went live today at 9:00am pacific, with their limited drop of 250 packs of officially licensed, digital wrestling collectibles on the WAX Blockchain. Each pack contains 5 animated NFTs in varying rarity, which collectors will use to assemble their own unique version of the Series One matchup between superstar luchadores Psychosis and Black Taurus. The full set boasts branching assembly options, including four alternate endings. Back in September, the first 8Bit Slammers drop sold out within 31 hours of launching. This initial release of limited edition animated avatars was done in partnership with Masked Republic, and featured Black Taurus, Psychosis and the legendary Solar.
“Our kickoff in September was a huge milestone and a great indicator that I’m not alone in thinking this is worth exploring,” said Taylor Armstrong, 8Bit Slammers creator and animator of the project. “But these packs are the core of the project, and what really sets this apart from everything else happening in NFTs. I’ve spent the past three months animating all these pieces frame-by-frame and I couldn’t be more excited to see how the community reacts once they finally get their hands on these!”
"While we have been presented with a plethora of opportunities in the NFT space, with 8Bit Slammers, Taylor has created something truly unique," said Masked Republic President & COO Kevin Kleinrock. "Not only did we immediately gravitate toward his 8-Bit style art, but giving NFT holders an opportunity to collect 'cards' of different moves and string them together to make their own action sequences, as if they were scripting their own wrestling match, is something brand new in this exciting and evolving space. We are proud to work with Taylor to license our luchadores for the project and to create yet another new revenue stream for these legends and superstars of the ring."
8Bit Slammers Series One collectibles are currently available on the secondary market at AtomicHub.io, and the Series One pack drop is hosted on NeftyBlocks.com
About 8Bit Slammers
8Bit Slammers is a new universe of digital wresting collectibles, using the likeness of officially licensed pro wrestling stars, all of whom share in all primary and secondary sales of the collection. Created by lifelong wrestling fan, and longtime animation/VFX artist Taylor Armstrong, the retro inspired pixel art is animated frame-by-frame and looks to push the envelope of what people expect from animated pixel art.
Additional information on 8Bit Slammers can be found at 8BitSlammers.com
About Masked Republic
Masked Republic, a privately held company, is the first integrated live event, merchandising and media organization uniquely centered in the emerging growth market of lucha libre and dedicated to expanding the sport, deemed "an intangible part of the culture of Mexico," beyond the borders of Mexico. The company’s core lines of business include representation of dozens of the biggest stars in the industry, worldwide merchandising through the company’s Legends of Lucha Libre brand, live event production and creation, management, production and distribution of content across multiple platforms including television, home entertainment, pay-per-view digital media and film. The company is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Mexico City and London. For more information, visit MaskedRepublic.com and follow @MaskedRepublic across social media.
- Per Deadline, Batista is in negotiations to star in M. Night Shyamalan’s new top-secret film Knock at the Cabin, which has a tentative release date of 2/3/23.
You know who I am.— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) December 7, 2021
You know what I do.
I won’t stop until the Zero Point is free.
I need your help to do it.
Then we can all go home. #FortniteFlipped
Leader of the Seven pic.twitter.com/7iexPENzjb
- Maxwell Jacob Friedman tells Sports Illustrated he's convinced he will be getting a hero's welcome when AEW Dynamite takes place on Long Island from the UBS Arena.
“For the first time in my AEW career, I’m going to be wrestling in front of my hometown,” Friedman says. “When my music hits, it’s going to be one of the loudest reactions in the history of this company. It’s going to be the 2021 version of a ‘Road Warrior pop.’ I can’t wait until people experience it.”
- When the market closed, WWE stock traded at 49.76 per share.
- Xavier Woods has been on G4 all day.
- A Battered Cody Rhodes + Silver v Danielson & Hayter v Riho Road to Dynamite: Long Island, 12/7/21