Here is your post-SmackDown Fight Size Update for Friday, April 16, 2021.
- Pat McAfee joined the SmackDown commentary team. He shared some thoughts before his debut on the blue brand. Kayla Braxton also asked if his in-ring career was done, and he said that the body is nowhere near where it needs to be to compete but that maybe he'll eventually be able to wrestle again.
- Roman Reigns came to the ring to open SmackDown but was interrupted by Cesaro. Before the Swiss Superman could even say a word, The Tribal Chief and his entourage left the scene. Backstage, Cesaro asked Adam Pierce and Sonya Deville for a match with Roman Reigns. Paul Heyman later revealed that Cesaro would instead face Jey Uso in the main event.
- Sami Zayn says his loss at WrestleMania happened because he was preoccupied with Logan Paul and how everyone had gotten into the YouTuber's head and turned him against Zayn. Kevin Owens then came out for a WrestleMania rematch, but Sami was counted out. Not happy with the result, Owens chased Zayn down, brought him back to the ring, and hit him with a Stunner.
- After getting help from the former Dabba Kato at WrestleMania in his Intercontinental Championship victory over Big E, Apollo Crews officially introduced the WWE Universe to Commander Azeez. He is a former member of the Nigerian Elite Guard and the Nigerian Nail that will stop anyone who tries to take the belt away from Crews.
- Rey Mysterio defeated Otis in singles action, getting the win with a crucifix pin after diving onto the big man from the second rope.
- After defeating Sasha Banks in the main event of Night 1 of WrestleMania 37, Bianca Belair had a victory party on SmackDown. She said that you should never apologize for looking someone in the eyes and telling them that you are the B.E.S.T.
One thing about me...— Bianca Belair (@BiancaBelairWWE) April 17, 2021
I’m never going to apologize for doing me.
Be you. Do you!
You are History In the Making. https://t.co/F4BIXF5E4H
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode once again successfully defended their SmackDown Tag Team Titles. The Street Profits nearly had the match won after Montez Ford hit Roode with a frog splash, but Ziggler broke up the count. After throwing Angelo Dawkins out of the ring, Ziggler tagged himself in and hit an unsuspecting Ford with the Zig-Zag for the victory.
The #StreetProfits @MontezFordWWE & @AngeloDawkins look to get back their #SmackDown Tag Team Titles. Can they capitalize on @BiancaBelairWWE's #WrestleMania momentum tonight?? pic.twitter.com/7HvA1HTbd5— WWE (@WWE) April 17, 2021
- Despite losing on Night 2 of WrestleMania 37, Natalya got a modicum of revenge on Shayna Baszler, pinning one half of the Tag Team Champions on SmackDown.
- After being shown Cesaro's impressive UFO Swing of Seth Rollins at WrestleMania all night, the self-appointed Messiah interrupted the main event, attacking Cesaro. After walking up the ramp, Rollins could be heard saying, "You got lucky one time! This isn't over! Nothing is over until I say it's over!"
I AM THE END ALL, BE ALL OF THIS INDUSTRY!!— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) April 17, 2021