Here is your post-NXT/AEW fight-size update for November 27, 2019:
- Lio Rush successfully retained his NXT Cruiserweight Championship against Akira Tozawa. You can check out highlights of the match in the video at the top of the page.
- NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler and Rhea Ripley shared some words.
- With Mauro Ranallo not calling NXT tonight, Tom Phillips filled in for him.
- Adam Cole gave Finn Balor in assist in his main event match against Tommaso Ciampa.
- Due to Bobby Fish suffering an injury, NXT North American champion Roderick Strong filled in for him and tagged with Kyle O'Reilly for their NXT Tag Team Championship defense against Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic.
- Cameron Grimes is a man on a mission.
- Damian Priest and Killian Dain have a match next week on NXT.
- The legend himself Soul Train Jones opened Dynamite by introducing Chris Jericho for the Celebrashon.
- To help celebrate the launch of "A Little Bit of the Bubbly," Fightful was sent the following press release.
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 27, 2019) -- Chris Jericho, the World Champion of AEW, and Stephen Amell, star of the CW superhero series Arrow and founder of Nocking Point Wines, have teamed up to create A Little Bit of the Bubbly, the new official sparkling wine of AEW.
The inspiration was sparked by Chris Jericho’s one-man backstage celebration after winning the first AEW World Champion title on Sept. 1, 2019, when he reveled with a bottle of sparkling wine. Subsequently, his “A Little Bit of the Bubbly” catchphrase became an instant viral sensation resulting in countless memes and millions of views worldwide.
Flanked by his notorious Inner Circle, Jericho has been wreaking havoc throughout AEW....both in the ring and at the post-show afterparties. Now, you can join in on the celebration with a libation suitable for Le Champion!
A Little Bit of the Bubbly is a sparkling Riesling produced exclusively by Nocking Point Wines in collaboration with Chris Jericho. Pre-sales begin Wednesday, Nov. 27, at 8 pm ET. All pre-orders will ship Dec. 9-10-11 to ensure there is extra ultra-premium bubbly to spray around this holiday season. Fans can order packs of two ($46), three ($69), six ($138) or 12 bottles ($276) at LittleBitoftheBubbly.com.
“I’ve been working non-stop over the last few months to deliver a product that’s as classic and as great as I am....and I have,” said Chris Jericho. “After you get a taste of A Little Bit of the Bubbly, normal wine, beer and even vodka will taste like swill. This is pretty much the GOAT of adult beverages. You’re welcome.”
“It's Jericho. It's AEW. It's A Little Bit of the Bubbly,” said Stephen Amell. “I'm marking out.”
This isn’t the first time the worlds of professional wrestling and wine have collided. Stephen has always been a passionate wrestling fan and even served as a tag-team match opponent to Cody Rhodes in 2015. He and Cody created their first Nocking Point Wine partnership in 2017, launching Dream, the sparkling wine named and designed in the likeness of Cody’s legendary father, “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes.
Stephen recently wrapped eight seasons of Arrow and returned to his love of wrestling,
announcing that he’s signed on to headline the new series “Heels” on Starz. Set in the world of independent professional wrestling, this forthcoming drama series follows a family-owned wrestling promotion of two brothers vying for national attention in small-town Georgia.
- Cody returned to action with a quick win over Matt Knicks.
- Best Friends picked up a big win over The Lucha Bros, inching one step closer towards a potential shot at the AEW Tag Team titles.
- The Butcher, the Blade and the Bunny appeared on Dynamite, but even Cody is perplexed as to who
BBB— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) November 28, 2019
- Announced for next week on AEW Dynamite is Trent vs. Fenix.
- MJF defeated Hangman Page to win the Dynamite Diamond Ring.
- Jon Moxley appears to have his sights set on Jericho.