Here is your fight-size update for Thursday, January 21st, 2021:
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin was a big part of WWE in 2001. But how well does he know his 2001 history? Ryan Satin put that to the test in the video above.
- Drew McIntyre spoke about WrestleMania going to AT&T Stadium in 2022, praising the vocal fanbase of WWE.
“Our fans are our No. 1 superstar. Sometimes they are more entertaining than what’s going on in the ring.
“The closest thing I’ve ever seen to European soccer fans are WWE fans. I’ve been to every American sport. If you stand up for too long and are shouting your opinion, they tell you to sit down. Our WWE fans are like soccer fans in Europe. Something is wrong with you if you aren’t standing up shouting your opinion.”
- WWE announced it's latest Funko Pop releases
- Will Hobbs talks about the origin of his last name on AEW Unrestricted
“My actual last name isn’t Hobbs. It’s close to that, so I had people growing up calling me ‘Hobbs.’ I’m a big Spider-Man fan, and I used to have people call me ‘Will Hobgoblin.’”
- Terry Funk is set for the next Virtual Gimmick Table signing for Highspots tonight at 7:00 pm EST.
- Dilsher Shanky spoke with WWE Now about being hired by WWE.
“When I resigned from University back in 2015[from his job as an accountant), I was struggling a lot due to my height. Because of that, I got into wrestling. When I started wrestling in Jalandhar in the academy of the Great Khali, I faced some problems at the start. I got injured a lot. I got to understand that this was a lot more difficult than I imagined because all of these things are difficult for a 7 feet tall person to pull off. I had doubts about whether I had taken the wrong decision. If I wanted to get into modeling, I should have gone to Mumbai for it. I felt I was in the wrong place. That was when I made up my mind that no matter what, I have to become a wrestler. It became a dream within me to achieve this and make my way to the WWE. I was ready to do anything for it.”
- Check out the top 10 moments from last night's NXT.
- WWE stock today closed at $52.59 a share
- Subscribe to Fightful Select to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube