Here's your fight size update for Thursday, June 10, 2021.
- Tay Conti has signed with Clubhouse Media Group. This signing will see her move into the 12,000 square-foot Beverly Hills mansion "Clubhouse BH.”
From Clubhouse Media:
Taynara Melo de Carvalho, better known by the ring name Tay Conti, is a Brazilian professional wrestler and judoka signed to All Elite Wrestling. She is also known for her time in the WWE, where she wrestled on the NXT brand under the ring name Taynara Conti. Tay holds a first-degree black belt in judo and a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. She participated in trials for the Brazilian Olympic team at the 2016 Summer Olympics prior to joining WWE.
"Joining Clubhouse Media Group as a resident of its popular content house, @TheClubhouseBH, is a huge step in my social media career," said Conti. "I'm looking forward to collaborating with some of the best content creators in the industry as well as the professionalism the company brings to the process and the fun antics being a resident of the house will create."
Tay will join Clubhouse Media Group's national roster of popular digital native influencers including professional race car driver Lindsay Brewer, YouTube stars The Dobre Brothers, blogger Michelle Kennelly, dancer Gabriella Saraivah, and many more who have a collective reach of over 250 million. With collaboration between creators being a key component in Clubhouse Media Group's model, their roster of influencers is looking forward to meeting Tay and creating together. The partnership will further cement Clubhouse Media Group as a leader in the digital talent and incubator space.
"We are always looking for talent across various facets of entertainment," said Chris Young, Co-Founder of Clubhouse Media Group. "Tay's background affords Clubhouse Media Group the opportunity to communicate to a new diverse audience of followers as we help her enhance her content, grow her audience and introduce her to brand partners."
Follow Tay Conti On Instagram and TikTok @tayconti_ and see what she is up to at Clubhouse's @TheClubhouseBH on the house's Instagram.
- On today's episode of NXT UK, WALTER returned to deliver a mission statement to the brand:
- On today's media call, Triple H noted that while WWE NXT will now consider the Capitol Wrestling Center their home oh, they are eager to continue working with Full Sail University and they still have a strong partnership.
- Additionally, Triple H noted on a media call that the planning of their SummerSlam weekend TakeOver event is very much still fluid at this time.
- Hornswoggle shared a wholesome story on social media. He now has a mother after asking his stepmother to adopt him this year.
Wholesome Postl content incoming:— Dylan Postl (@DylanPostl) June 10, 2021
I got a Mom today!
On Mother’s Day I asked my step-mom to legally adopt me and today we went to the courthouse to make it official! She raised (put up with) me for the last 25 years so I wanted to make it a real thing.
Today is a good day. pic.twitter.com/k7ITU5YKCV
- The Milwaukee Brewers announced they would be hosting a WWE Night at their 9/25 game against the New York Mets. Learn more here.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin has been announced for a signing with Highspots
Per an update from Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Manami Toyota is currently in the hospital after having shoulder surgery.
- Bianca Belair, Kofi Kingston, and Tegan Nox will be guests on next Wednesday's episode of The Bump.
- WWE has released Matt Riddle Flip Flops.
- Speaking with Denise Salcedo, Raquel Gonzalez opened up about the challenges she faced on her path to becoming the NXT Women's Champion:
“When I started in the Performance Center in October of 2016, I was an entirely different person. I had just moved away from my family, the farthest I’d ever been away from them and I am super close with my family so it was a very tough decision but they supported me no matter what and so that within itself was difficult. Then starting a life in Orlando, Florida on my own was also difficult. And not just a normal life but I am starting a life as a WWE superstar and I have these goals I am trying to reach, these things that I want to do, which is to become the face of NXT and to be constantly told ‘no you’re not ready, no it’s not gonna happen,’… It makes me look back on my entire journey and it’s something that just keeps that fire lit in me, the fuel that keeps on fueling me because it was such a long journey and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I wouldn’t change not one thing, it’s my journey and I’ve accepted it and I love it for everything that it has taught me but it’s kept that fire burning inside of me and that’s what makes it even better. I know where I come from and I know what I’ve done to get here and I would not change a damn thing. Nothing is gonna stop that fire from burning inside of me. To know that I am the face of the NXT Women’s Division and that I am the champion it’s sweet, it's so so sweet but it’s also something that makes me want more. I want more. I am hungry.”
- Today, WWE stock closed at $64.88 per share. Yesterday, the stock benefited from a surge courtesy of Reddit.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out Raquel Gonzalez answering lightning round questions with Denise Salcedo: