Tetsuya Naito Says He Turned Down A WWE Contract Offer Earlier This Year

WWE had their eye on Tetsuya Naito.

In a new interview with Tokyo Sports, Naito revealed that WWE sent him a contract offer following his Dominion match against Chris Jericho. However, Naito turned them down.

Susan And Kimber Lee To Face Tenille Dashwood And Taylor Wilde At IMPACT Under Siege

"I didn't even give it a thought," Naito said. "This New Japan ring is already the world's number one stage. The fans know this.

Naito went on to say that NJPW should focus on their home market before expanding internationally. As far as his Wrestle Kingdom 13 bout against Chris Jericho goes, Naito stated that he "has no interest in 'WWE Superstar' Chris Jericho" and is looking for revenge for what Jericho did in the New Japan ring.

Jericho has constantly gotten one up on Naito and members of Los Ingobernables de Japon. At New Year's Dash!! 2018 and Wrestling Dontaku, Jericho assaulted Naito, setting up an IWGP Intercontinental Title match between the two at Dominion. Jericho won the grudge match and captured gold on June 9. Since then, Jericho has turned his attention to LIJ member EVIL, who he attacked a King of Pro-Wrestling before defeating at Power Struggle this past weekend. 

Following Jericho victory over EVIL, Naito ran off Jericho from further attacking his LIJ mate. NJPW announced Jericho and Naito for Wrestle Kingdom 13, but Jericho is refusing to take the bout.

(thanks to @dartvader_one for the translation)

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web