Tom Lawlor Says MLW Deal Allows Him To Wrestle Elsewhere, Isn't Retired From MMA

Tom Lawlor discusses his MLW deal.

On Nov. 13, Court Bauer thanked Tom Lawlor for his time in MLW, leading many to believe that Lawlor and MLW could not come to a new contractual agreement. On Nov. 22, MLW announced the promotion and Lawlor had reached a new multi-year deal. Lawlor's contract status had been mentioned on MLW TV as the two sides worked on a deal behind the scenes.

WWE Files New Trademark Related To NXT TakeOver

Speaking on Filthy Four Daily, Lawlor discussed his new deal with MLW.

"I was offered a very good deal by MLW to stay," he said. "That deal allows me not only to continue to do battle with [Jacob] Fatu, amongst others. It also allows me to continue wrestling across the globe for a variety of different promotions. In my life, right now, that's something very important to me. It would not be offered by virtually any other company. My contract, up until recently, was non-exclusive to a degree. I was available to most companies. They did not sign me up. MLW gave me a great offer. We went back-and-forth over the last couple of months. I didn't know what my future was going to hold, but MLW came through. We came to an agreement that allows me a lot of leeway as far as what my future holds while keeping me underneath their banner."

Lawlor also stated, "I'm not retired from MMA. You may see me back in the cage at some point."

Lawlor has not fought since November 2018 when he lost a unanimous decision to Deron Winn at Golden Boy MMA. Lawlor is a former MLW World Champion and has been one of the promotions featured performers since its revival in 2017. 

If you use any of the quotes above, please credit F4D with a h/t to Fightful for the transcription.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web