Here is your fight size update for Friday, May 21, 2021:
- Alex Marvez revealed that Tony Khan gave $1,000,000 to the renovation of Jacksonville's Eastside town by way of the Jacksonville Jaguars charity. Of course, AEW has made Jacksonville their home base more than ever during the pandemic.
Our @AEW boss @TonyKhan & his family just officially announced a $1M donation to Jacksonville's LIFT JAX & renovation of the city's Eastside neighborhood through the @Jaguars Foundation. Another outstanding gesture to benefit Florida's First Coast #Respect— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) May 21, 2021
- Noelle Foley revealed on Facebook that she struggles with Hyperacusis. A rare hearing disorder where most sounds are physically painful. The condition was brought on by a concussion she suffered in September of 2019.
I’ve kept this to myself for quite some time, because I honestly just didn’t want to talk about it, but in February I was clinically diagnosed with a rare hearing disorder, known as Hyperacusis. Hyperacusis is when you have an extremely low tolerance for noise and most sounds are physically painful. My Hyperacusis was brought on by my concussion in September 2019 and it was mild in the beginning, but unfortunately it has gotten worse over time. I’ve had several HORRIBLE setbacks in my recovery due to sounds, making it feel like my full recovery is light years away. If any of you are living with Hyperacusis you know darn well that it is an EXTREMELY debilitating condition to live with. It’s recently been severely affecting my every day life from grocery shopping, driving, restaurants, and even just being around people, including my family. I don’t share too much of my struggles here on social media, but between my Post Concussion Syndrome and my Hyperacusis, it has been a real struggle, both physically and mentally. On top of my Hyperacusis, I also struggle with Tinnitus (Pulsatile), Phonophobia, and Misophonia... so there is A LOT going on in these little ears of mine, well technically my brain because that’s where it all stems from.
But on one positive note, I’m officially part of a clinical study for Hyperacusis intervention, so I am HOPING this will not only help me, but can help develop a successful treatment for others struggling with debilitating Hyperacusis. For now I just need to stay positive and be patient! Thanks for listening Feels good to get that off my chest! #Hyperacusis
- Netflix officially released Army of the Dead starring Dave Bautista.
- The Rock will be voicing Krypto the Superdog in a new cartoon as announced by DC.
- A fun Dusty Rhodes blooper has surfaced on the internet.
“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes totally let’s an absolute whopper rip while never even putting it over! Why would they leave this in??? Turn up your audio for hall of fame level flatulence! #Rhodes #wwe #aew #AmericanDream pic.twitter.com/PGu91UfrrR— Blind Tag Wrestling Podcast (@BTWrestlingPod) May 21, 2021
- Ring of Honor will be holding a pre-sale for their 7/11 Best in the World PPV this Monday for Honor Club members.
- Phil Schneider’s new book on bloody wrestling matches is available now.
WAY OF THE BLADE: 100 OF THE GREATEST BLOODY MATCHES IN WRESTLING HISTORY
THE NEW BOOK FROM INTERNET WRESTLING PIONEER PHIL SCHNEIDER IS OUT TODAY
There's something about blood that can take a routine professional wrestling match and turn it into a work of art. Blood spilled, pooling on the mat or painting blonde hair red, immediately raises the stakes of any match. In the business, they used to believe red turned into green—when the blade emerged from its hiding place to scrape the forehead, box office receipts grew right alongside the scar tissue.
It's visceral and inarguably real, a physical repudiation of the age-old heckling every fan has heard a million times—"it's all fake, isn't it?" In Way of the Blade, Segunda Caida's Phil Schneider, a leading wrestling critic and internet wrestling pioneer with the Death Valley Driver Video Review, looks at 100 of the best, bloodiest matches in the sport's history. Starting in the 1950s and spanning the decades and continents, Schneider tells the story of a very weird sport. You'll meet wrestling chickens and Nazi Doctors, relive classics everyone knows, and discover some hidden gems previously witnessed by a mere handful of fans lucky enough to have been in the building the night the carnage went down.
Gorgeously illustrated by Chris Bryan, this book is destined to become a classic in the burgeoning field of wrestling criticism and a handy guide for fans looking for insight into their favorites and to be introduced to new matches, complete with the context necessary to explain why and how they became legendary
- WWE stock today closed at $57.55 per share. This is an increase of 5.31%.
- Eric Bischoff and David Crockett will be replacing Kevin Von Erich at the Gathering event in Charlotte, North Carolina. The event will take place in July.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out everything you need to know before SmackDown here.