Here's your fight-size boxing update for June 15, 2020:
- Below are the official weights for the June 16 Top Rank on ESPN card from Las Vegas. The main event of the card is Joshua Greer Jr. vs. Mike Plania.
* Bantamweight bout: Joshua Greer Jr. (120 lbs) vs. Mike Plania (119.5 lbs)
* Junior Middleweight bout: Bobirzhan Mominov (152 lbs) vs. Cameron Krael (147.8 lbs)
* Heavyweight bout: Hector Perez (221 lbs) vs. Juan Torres (250 lbs)
* Middleweight bout: Nikoloz Sekhniashvili (159.25 lbs) vs. Isiah Jones (158.3 lbs)
* Welterweight bout: Giovani Santillan (148 lbs) vs. Antonio DeMarco (147 lbs)
- MTK announced an ESPN+ card in Kazakhstan taking place on July 18. On that card, Tursynbay Kulakhmet and Talgat Shaiken will make their pro debuts, while Abay Tolesh, Dauren Yeleussinov, Arman Rysbek, Berikbay Nurymbetov, Nurdos Tolebay and Ray Seitzhanov will all be in action.
- The WBC have confirmed to Sky Sports Boxing that Dillian Whyte has taken legal action against the governing body about the date of his mandatory WBC heavyweight title fight. Whyte was set to be the mandatory challenger to the title currently being held by Tyson Fury in early 2021, but with Fury still set for a third fight against Deontay Wilder and the announcement that Fury and Anthony Joshua agreed to terms to a two-fight series starting in 2021, Whyte is looking to get his title shot soon.
- Unbeaten prospect Desmond Jarmon will fight on the undercard of the July 2 fight on ESPN, per WBO super featherweight champion Jamel Herring.
Happy to announce that my bro @SlickDes_Baby who I’m co-managing alongside @BomacBrian and @WildCardKing will be returning back to action on my undercard, July 2nd, live on ESPN. Gotta take care, and keep my guys busy! Stay tuned, more to come!@trboxing— Jamel Herring (@JamelHerring) June 12, 2020
- Zanfer Promotions announced that Silvia Torres tested positive for COVID-19 and will not fight on the June 20 boxing card that will air on ESPN.
- Oscar De La Hoya announced on Twitter that Golden Boy Promotions will be moving on from a planned card on July 4 headlined by Ryan Garcia and looking towards returning later in July with a card featuring Vergil Ortiz Jr.
- According to a report from Keith Idec of Boxing Scene, all sides have stopped negotiating a potential fight between former world champions Regis Prograis and Maurice Hooker.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.