Velveteen Dream returned to WWE last Wednesday after being off television since NXT TakeOver: In Your House and questions quickly arose.

During his absence from television, Dream was named in part of the Speaking Out movement -- previous allegations regarding sexual misconduct with a minor came up in April, with Dream denying the allegations -- and was involved in a car accident in June. Triple H spoke to CBS Sports and said WWE investigated the allegations against Dream and they found nothing, saying Dream had been off TV due to the car accident.

During Wednesday's NXT media call, Triple H was asked about the investigation, specifically if WWE reached out to the accuser, who claims they never heard from WWE.

Triple H replied, "We take all of these things very seriously, allegations or misconduct of any nature, we take very seriously. I'll stand by what I said with CBS; we looked into it, didn't find anything there in the manner of what we were looking for and we moved on. It doesn't change the fact that we take it seriously and if there's something there, we'll look into it. That goes across the board for anybody."

Following his comment, Triple H wanted to move on from the discussion.

Velveteen Dream is scheduled to face Finn Balor on Wednesday's episode of NXT. The winner will move on to TakeOver XXX to compete in the ladder match for the vacant NXT North American Championship.

If you use any of the quotes above, please give a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.

From The Web