Otis & Tucker may have never won gold during their time as Heavy Machinery in WWE, but the duo became fan favorites thanks to blue-collar and comedy stylings.
After Otis won the 2020 Men's Money in the Bank briefcase, it seemed like he was in line for a big push, but he lost the briefcase to The Miz at WWE Hell in a Cell 2020 when Tucker turned on him. The duo had been split in the 2020 WWE Draft just weeks before the turn happened
Speaking to WrestleTalk, Tucker explained when he found out the split was going to happen.
“I was never told (about the split) really. The first time I found out that it might happen was at TVs the day that we did the Talking Smack segment (for the draft), I found out a couple of hours before that, ‘Hey we’re gonna do this Talking Smack thing where they’re gonna say that like…’, but it wasn’t like a hard split really, because they were just putting us on different brands and they were kayfabing everybody on what was up. And then a few weeks later we do the El Gran Gordo thing with Otis in a mask pretending not to be Otis, and then I think the split happened two days after that. I wasn’t booked that day, the day the split happened, I wasn’t booked to be on the show that day. And then I got a call at like 1:00 in the afternoon saying, ‘Hey, we need you to come to the arena’. I’m like, ‘Okay…’. And then I wasn’t even told until, I don’t even know, like 3:30 or 4:00 what was gonna go down. And that plans changed a couple of times, and looking back on it, I don’t know this, but I’m very sure, I feel confident that the way that it happened was so that I wouldn’t ask a bunch of questions, and so that I would kinda be frazzled into doing it, which is exactly what ended up happening," he said.
Tucker continued, discussing Otis' briefcase victory by saying, “So honestly I didn’t really get any answers on that (plans for Otis’ Money in the Bank run) either. I think that Otis getting the briefcase was a real last minute decision, I believe, I don’t know that either. The truth of the matter is, no I don’t really have any set answers, I didn’t get any, I feel like I was definitely lied to straight to my face on multiple occasions."
Tucker wrestled a handful of matches on WWE television following the turn, but was released by the company on April 15.
In another interview, Tucker explained that he would be open to doing Bloodsport to remind everyone that he is a real wrestler. You can find his full comments by clicking here.