Here is your fight-size update for Tuesday, January 12th, 2021:
- Fightful Select has more on the latest COVID outbreak in the world of wrestling and an update on several stars who missed Raw.
Update on Asuka, Hurt Business, Ricochet after not being on Raw
We had a number of readers inquiring about so many wrestlers pulling double duty on the WWE Raw show on Monday, asking if several wrestlers weren't at the venue. In total, four wrestlers worked two matches on Raw, but we've learned that Raw regulars Asuka, Ricochet, and the rest of the Hurt Business, in addition to others, were at the venue. The show itself saw heavy changes throughout the afternoon and adjustments to several matches up until the late evening, which is par for the course these days for WWE Raw. Those we spoke to said they hadn't heard of injuries sidelining any of the talent there but kept off the show.
Subscribe to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- The tributes for Jon Huber aka Brodie Lee/Luke Harper, continue to pour in. Recently when interviewed by The Wrap, Steve Austin paid tribute to the former Wyatt Family member.
“I just absolutely couldn’t believe it because the guy was a tremendous hand in the business, but he was a sweetheart of a guy,” Austin said. “When he was in WWE, we would talk every now and then on the phone just about his character and what he was doing. And then we stopped talking and he kept going and he finally ended up in AEW. And I didn’t know his real name from his WWE name. And I was like, ‘Holy cow, this guy is so young.’ And then I didn’t know what had happened. There’s just an absolute tragedy of a guy who everybody in the business absolutely loved and adored,” he continued. “That’s the kind of guy he was. So really, really shocking to me.”
- Check out the top 10 moments of Monday Night Raw:
- Stephanie McMahon recently took part in a CES panel concerning technological innovation in business. Of course, Stephanie spoke positively of the advent of WWE ThunderDome.
- Ace Austin has a new shirt design.
- Check out the latest WWE SmackDown preview.
- In a new interview with Sportskeeda, Moose spoke about his rivalry with Wille Mack:
"We work together good. Willie Mack is a phenomenal talent. We put out another classic at Genesis this Saturday on Impact Plus. I would definitely recommend (fans) check it out. You'll see me, of course, hurt Willie Mack some more But yeah, Willie Mack is a good one every time I step in to the ring with him."
- Alicia Atout tried to call a truce with Salina De La Renta, and Salina is having none of it.
Speaking of Salina De La Renta, she is hosting tomorrow's episode of MLW Fusion and you can view the cold opening now.
- WWE stock today closed at $48.71 a share
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube