Here's your fight-size boxing update for January 20, 2020:
- As part of the "WBA KO to Drugs" festival, the WBA is hosting a card in Panama City, Panama on February 7 with a number of title fights set:
* Daniel Matellon vs. Erik Omar Lopez Garcia: Interim WBA light flyweight title
* Luis Concepcion vs. Rober Barrera: Interim WBA flyweight title
* Laura Ledezma vs. Mayerlin Rivas: WBA Female super bantamweight title
- Anthony Sims Jr. will face Roamer Alexis Angulo on the undercard of the January 30 Matchroom Boxing on DAZN show from Miami. The fight will be for the WBO Latino super middleweight title. The card will be headlined by Demetrius Andrade vs. Luke Keeler for the WBO middleweight title.
- Below are the overnight TV numbers for the first two hours of the PBC on FOX card from January 18, headlined by Julian Williams vs. Jeison Rosario for the unified WBA and IBF junior middleweight titles (main event bout ended around 10:30 PM ET):
* 8-9 p.m. ET: 1.256 million viewers/0.3 rating in 18-49 demo
* 9-10 p.m. ET: 1.35 million viewers/0.3 rating in 18-49 demo
- Below is the clip of Shohjahon Ergashev's devastating body shot knockout of Adrian Estrella at the most recent edition of ShoBox: The New Generation.
- According to ESPN, Masayuki Ito suffered a shoulder injury and will not fight Yongqiang Yang on their ESPN-televised bout on February 2 from Haikou, China.
- On January 18, Kenia Enríquez successfully retained her interim WBC Female light flyweight title with a 10-round unanimous decision against Chaoz Minowa.