William Regal says thank you to WWE.
On January 5, Fightful reported that William Regal had been released by WWE. He was just one of multiple Performance Center staff members to be released as WWE "continues the evolution of NXT 2.0."
Speaking for the first time since the news broke, Regal released a statement on Twitter in which he thanked WWE and said that he doesn't have a bad word to say about the 21 years he spent with the company.
Thank you to @WWE for a wonderful 21 year run. You gave a lad who was happy and in wonderland wrestling on a carnival have a charmed life for 21 years. No complaints and please no one waste time replying as I won’t have a bad work said against the company.x— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) January 8, 2022
I will add that @WWE saved my life in 1999 when they didn’t need to, kept my family fed and took me all around the world. You have my gratitude forever. You allowed me to live a charmed life.— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) January 8, 2022
Regal had been the on-screen General Manager of NXT from July 2014 until the NXT 2.0 relaunch in September 2021. Regal was also labelled as the WWE Director of Talent Development and Head of Global Recruiting, overseeing Performance Center tryouts and scouting various Independent shows to look for WWE talent.
Regal retired from in-ring competition in 2013, last wrestling Cesaro on the Christmas 2013 episode of the program.
You can find a list of other released personnel by clicking here.