Eight competitors have been selected.
Over the past number of days, while WWE has been making the final preparations for their 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia which is scheduled to take place this upcoming Friday at the King Abdullah International Stadium, they've held tryouts for local talent in the country who are looking to earn their spot on a WWE roster. There are videos currently available on WWE's YouTube channel that features highlights from the workouts and training sessions.
WWE uploaded a video onto their official Facebook page of the announcements being made regarding which competitors have been revealed as the winners of the tryouts. In WWE's article that was published onto their website, it was noted that one of the prospects will be involved in the 'Greatest Royal Rumble' event but there were no further details on that. Eight prospects were chosen out of the group and details on each of them are provided below:
The eight winners are:
* Hussain Aldagal, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder with a background in volleyball and bodybuilding.
* Mansoor Al-Shehail, a 6-foot, 175-pounder who has trained under WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr.
* Faisal Kurdi, a 5-foot-9, 180-pound MMA fighter, amateur grappler and Muay Thai boxer.
* Nasser Bawazer, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound champion in boxing, MMA and aikido.
* Khalid Alhothali, a competitor in bodybuilding, as well as combat sports, including boxing and jiu-jitsu.
* Abdullah Almagrabi, a 225-pound karate champion and boxing trainer.
* Faisal Allabboudy, a 23-year-old whose athletic background includes competitive swimming, boxing and bodybuilding.
* Asaad Alshareef, a 23-year-old Greco Roman and freestyle wrestler who has also trained in various martial arts.
To watch the full video of the announcements, head over to WWE's official Facebook page to watch the eight competitors listed above have their names called as the winners of the Saudi Arabia WWE tryouts.