Here's your fight size update following the first night of WrestleMania 39.
- During the post-show press conference, Triple H noted that this year's WrestleMania sold over $22 million in ad activations. TurboTax and Cinnamon Toast Crunch were spotlighted on the ring apron LED boards and the barricade LED boards throughout different matches.
- WWE announced that the attendance for WrestleMania 39 Saturday was 80,497.
- Seth Rollins defeated Logan Paul in what was the last match on Logan Paul's WWE contract. After the match, Paul confirmed again that his contract was expired in a WWE digital exclusive.
- KSI made an appearance in the Logan Paul versus Seth Rollins match. After, KSI talked about being open to a potential match in the future.
Not really what I had in mind for #WrestleMania but if no one else wants to step up… https://t.co/1ssWC3EtbT— Bobby Lashley (@fightbobby) April 2, 2023
- Austin Theory defeated John Cena in the Opening match of the show. Afterward, he opened up about his victory in a WWE digital exclusive.
- The Street Profits were successful tonight against three other tag teams in an exciting WrestleMania showcase match.
- George Kittle got involved in an impromptu match between Pat McAfee and The Miz. McAfee ended up defeating The Miz in the end. The Miz was the host of this year's show along with Snoop Dogg.
WWE Chief Content Officer @TripleH explains why so many top-level athletes and entertainers including @gkittle46 & @SnoopDogg want to come to #WrestleMania and take in the atmosphere that only WWE can provide. pic.twitter.com/MKa6OKQMHj— WWE (@WWE) April 2, 2023
.@PatMcAfeeShow x @gkittle46 --#WrestleMania pic.twitter.com/wlLhlrdXIR— WWE (@WWE) April 2, 2023
- Michael Cole made history tonight by calling his 22nd WrestleMania. He has now called more WrestleManias than any other broadcaster in history.
- History was made in the match between Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley as Ripley became a Grand Slam champion and was the first title match to feature two women competitors, a woman referee, and a woman ring announcer in the history of WrestleMania.
- Becky G is honored to perform on WrestleMania Saturday at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles and is excited for the reunited Latino World Order.
- Rey Mysterio, with the help of Bad Bunny, defeated his son Dominik.
The newly reformed LWO has @reymysterio's back in his ongoing battle against @DomMysterio35. #WrestleMania pic.twitter.com/wC5dUCKK6B— WWE (@WWE) April 2, 2023
- Becky Lynch, Lita, and Trish Stratus defeated Damage CTRL at WrestleMania 39 and had a special Sin City Style entrance.
- Lil Uzi Vert, who played Jimmy and Jey Uso to the ring, reflected on his experience in a digital exclusive.
- To close out the show, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens captured the WWE Undisputed tag team championship by defeating Jimmy and Jey Uso.
- Fans can find Fightful's coverage of WrestleMania 39 by clicking here. Check out the post-show podcast for a full review of the show by clicking here.