WWE has announced another five participants for the Mae Young Classic, its women's tournament which will begin next month.
The new additions are as follows:
- Tessa Blanchard: Second-generation wrestler, the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Tully Blanchard has made a few appearances for NXT and wrestled around the world.
- Abbey Laith: Known as Kimber Lee on the independents where she became CHIKARA Grand Champion, she signed with WWE last year and had been working under her real name, Kimberly Frankele, before announcing a name change to Abbey Laith on Wednesday on Twitter.
- Taynara Conti: This judo black belt and jiu-jitsu blue belt signed with WWE in October but has yet to appear on television.
- Jazzy Gabert: A native of Germany, Gabert is 15-year veteran with significant experience in Europe and Japan who has wrestled as Alpha Female. She also has MMA experience, with two professional fights.
- Kavita Devi: Trained by the Great Khali, Devi is a former competitive powerlifter.
WWE announced the first four official entrants in the Mae Young Classic earlier this week. That quartet included Toni Storm, the current world champion for the STARDOM promotion in Japan; and Princesa Sugehit, who currently holds the Mexican Natiional Women's Title for CMLL.
Last week, reports circulated on ten rumored names for the tournament, but several of those individuals have yet to be confirmed as official entrants.
The first set of matches in the tournament will be taped July 13-14 at Full Sail University.
- From The Web