The official list of words and phases that were given to the media ahead of the press conference.
World Wrestling Entertainment recently held a press conference to officially announce that WrestleMania was coming to the city of Tampa Bay, Florida in 2020 at Raymond James Stadium. The likes of Roman Reigns, Charlotte Flair, Stephanie McMahon, Sasha Banks and Bayley were present at the event to speak on behalf of WWE.
Prior to the presser, the media that was in attendance were given a run-down of do's and don'ts by WWE and the Tampa Bay Times published an article that included those guidelines which include not referring to their titles as "belts", avoiding the term "professional wrestling" and not calling the company "the WWE" but just simply "WWE".
* When referring to our talent, we ask that you refer to them as WWE Superstars both for the men and women and NOT as “professional wrestlers.”
* As of March 2016, our female Superstars are NO longer referred to as WWE Divas, so please call them WWE Superstars.
* Please refer to our company as WWE and NOT World Wrestling Entertainment.
* Please do not refer to our company as “the WWE,” but rather just “WWE.”
* Please do NOT use the term “professional wrestling,” instead using WWE or Sports Entertainment to describe our brand (E.G. "We have many WWE fans in the Tampa area" or "I have always been a fan of sports entertainment.”)
* The WWE Championship or WWE Title are appropriate names for the title. It is not called a “belt” or a “strap.”
To read some exclusives from Fightful, check out our Fightful Select service in-which there is early access to exclusive interviews, backstage information and columns.