Following her passing last week, Konstantine Kyros published an affidavit that included a claim by Ashley Massaro that she was sexually assaulted in 2007 while on tour in Kuwait. Kyros represented Massaro and others in multiple lawsuits related to concussions. Massaro was allegedly told by WWE management to not report the sexual assault.
WWE issued the following statement on the claim:
WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley’s death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.
At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.
At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.
Massaro reportedly reached out to WWE in 2018, hoping to make amends with the company. Massaro passed away on May 16 at the age of 39.
- From The Web