WWE has issued a statement surrounding the sexual abuse allegations towards Matt Riddle.
WWN Live performer Candy Cartwright has accused Riddle of forcing her to have sex with her in May 2018. Cartwright claims "Back in May of 2018 I was riding with Matt Riddle and a few other wrestlers. During the van ride, when the 3 other wrestlers had fallen asleep, Matt asked me to 'hop on his dick.' When I refused (although we had previously been together I was incredibly uncomfortable in that setting ) When I said no, he grabbed me by my throat, choked me and said “what if I just made you?” I ended up giving him oral sex (praying someone wouldn’t wake up) to get out of having intercourse with him. It was incredibly humiliating. It is never ok to put your hands on a woman, it’s also not ok to not listen when she says no."
As a response to the allegations, WWE issued the following statement to Adam Silverstein of CBS Sports:
“We take any allegation of this nature very seriously and are looking into the matter.”
The company released the same statement on Thursday night regarding the allegations surrounding Jordan Devlin.
Riddle is advertised to make his WWE SmackDown debut on Friday's episode.