Here is your fight-size update for Thursday, April 1, 2021:
- Ahead of the first live event with fans in over a year, WWE has launched the WrestleMania mobile app.
WWE is excited to launch the WWE WrestleMania Mobile App, the official fan resource for planning your WrestleMania experience! The WrestleMania App provides a one-stop shop for all of your event information including tickets, merchandise, food & beverage, parking and more.
Inside the WrestleMania Mobile App, fans can purchase and manage their mobile tickets, order exclusive WWE Shop merchandise in advance and pick it up right at the venue. Additionally, fans can manage their event experience by securing pre-paid parking, ride-share and directions to Raymond James Stadium. Most importantly, all fans can use this app to fill out a short Health Screening Questionnaire required for entering the event. Fans can also learn how to get WrestleMania Ready with up to the minute information to prepare for a safe and fun WrestleMania weekend. Also, get connected at the stadium with FREE Wi-Fi, and skip the line by ordering food & beverage directly from the mobile App.
Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the WrestleMania Mobile App to learn more about the complete WrestleMania event experience!
- Big E has announced The New Day Royal Rumble gear which was a tribute to Brodie Lee has raised over $11,000.
- Just in time for Easter, and April Fools Day, AEW has launched life-size chocolate bars.
- America's Most Wanted had some fun during the reunions at the most recent IMPACT tapings.
- On today's episode of NXT UK, Stevie Turner made her debut.
- WWE recently garnered several Cynopsis Sports Media Awards nominations.
WWE has earned 10 nominations at the upcoming Cynopsis Sports Media Awards!
The New Day: Feel the Power is up for Best Podcast Series, WWE Network is in the running for Over the Top (OTT) Content Service, WWE Community Relations on WWE's The Bump got the nod in Social Good TV Special or Episode, WWE and Make-A-Wish partnered for a nomination in Awareness for a Social Good Initiative and WWE and The Famous Group joined forces in Production Innovation for the WWE ThunderDome – Virtual Fan Experience.
Additionally, WWE is up for Overall Social Media Excellence and Use of Social Media: National/League, while The Undertaker’s 30th Anniversary has been nominated for Overall Social Media Excellence for a Campaign, and WWE and The Famous Group once again teamed up for a nomination in Tech Innovation During the COVID-19 Pandemic for WWE ThunderDome: Virtual Fan Experience.
Finally, WWE Advanced Media Group EVP Jayar Donlan is a finalist for Digital Executive.
The Cynopsis Sports Media Awards “raises a glass to celebrate the industry’s biggest players and best work. Finalists and winners are recognized across production, marketing, and technology teams, saluting their hard work and innovation from the one of the sports media’s most challenging years to date.”
Winners will be announced live at the virtual event on Wednesday, April 21, at 3 p.m. ET/noon PT. Register for the virtual ceremony at cynopsis.com/events/2021-sports-media-awards.
- On Twitter, Alexa Bliss revealed that she and Buddy Murphy still keep in contact and that he still knows her pretty well.
Every time I post a pic of working out or equipment, I immediately get texts from @wwe_murphy asking if I’m really working out or if it’s just for the pic... not gonna lie, it’s about 50/50 ... depending on the day -- it’s about envisioning people!— Lexi Kaufman (@AlexaBliss_WWE) March 31, 2021
- On Grillin' JR, JR said Jerry Lawler called him this week and JR mentioned that Lawler is hosting the down-scaled version of the Hall of Fame. King has regularly hosted many years.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $55.59 per share. It was also announced that they will report their quarter one earnings on Thursday, April 22.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.