Have you always wanted to write for Vince McMahon?
Well, I'm sure there are a few of you, so this job listing WWE put up on their site may be up your alley. Key responsibilities, according to the listing, include:
- Develop and create storylines
-Collaborate with road and home based writers for Raw and Smackdown
- Improve and refine storylines
- Use consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines
Qualifications for the job are long:
- Five years of TV/Film writing and production experience
- TV staff experience in drama and comedy
- Writing and directing reality television is a plus
- Highly creative
- Able to work with talent/writers/producers
- Must live in the New York City/Stanford, Connecticut area
- Excellent communication
- Knowledge of WWE shows, talent and storylines
- Flexible talent schedule
- BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or a similar field.
Writing for WWE sounds awesome on paper, but there are plenty of stories out there about how taxing the schedule can be, plus there's always a lot of critics out there. All the travel and drama surrounding the job turns people off, with the tenure of being a WWE writer usually having a short timespan.