Here is your fight size update for Monday, April 19, 2021:
- Following Mandy Rose slipping and falling during her entrance at WrestleMania 37 Night 1, WWE has removed both the entrance faux pas and the 45-minute rain delay from their WWE Network version of WrestleMania. As of now, both of these instances remain on the American version of the event which streams exclusively on Peacock.
- Following the success of last week's episode of AEW Dynamite, WarnerMedia issued the following:
TNT’s AEW: DYNAMITE achieved great numbers during last Wednesday’s episode on April 14, which ranked as the show’s most watched episode since the series launched on October 2, 2019. See highlights below:
567K P18-49 (1.5 Rtg) / 609K P25-54 / 181K P18-34 / 1.2M P2+
- Week 80 of AEW was the most watched episode of the year among all key demos.
- Week 80 was the most watched episode of both 2020 and 2021 among total viewers (best since the series’ premiere on 10/2/19) and P25-54 (best since Week 3 on 10/16/19)
- Among P18-49 and P18-34, it was the most watched episode since Week 62 on 12/9/20
Tony Khan, CEO, GM and Head of Creative of AEW said: “We’re always grateful for the support of every wrestling fan who watches AEW. Last Wednesday’s audience of over 1.2 million viewers was an important milestone for our company and for every one of our fans, including the viewers who’ve been with us from the beginning, as well as the new fans who joined us for the first-time. It’s a great time to be a wrestling fan, and now is a great time to join the Revolution and join AEW every week on TNT!”
This Wednesday’s live show continues the high-octane action as Darby Allin puts his TNT Championship title on the line against Jungle Boy, Christian Cage takes on Powerhouse Will Hobbs, Hangman Page battles Ricky Starks, Trent meets Penta El Zero Miedo, and Women’s World Champion Hikaru Shida defends her title against #1 ranked Tay Conti.
AEW: DYNAMITE on TNT is giving fans a new wrestling experience for the first time in 20 years. Wrestling fans have wanted – and needed – something different, authentic and better for far too long. AEW answered the call. AEW is introducing a new generation of wrestlers to fans, offering fast-paced, high-impact competitions with real sports analytics. Founded by CEO, GM and Head of Creative Tony Khan, AEW is headlined by Cody & Brandi Rhodes, Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Chris Jericho, Hangman Page, Sting, MJF, Darby Allin, Hikaru Shida, Dr. Britt Baker and Jon Moxley.
AEW: DYNAMITE on TNT airs Wednesday nights from 8-10pm ET.
- Below is the schedule of this week's new releases on WWE Network/Peacock:
This Week’s Schedule
** = available on the Free Version of WWE Network
Monday, April 19
10 classic episodes of Superstars
Raw Talk** – 11:05 p.m. ET
Tuesday, April 20
The Best of WWE: Best of Mankind**
Wednesday, April 21
Monday Night Raw (3/22/21)**
WWE’s The Bump** – 10 a.m. ET
WWE NXT (4/20/21)
Thursday, April 22
This Week in WWE
Friday, April 23
205 Live – 10 p.m. ET
Saturday, April 24
WWE Main Event (4/8/21)
ICW Fight Club 168
PROGRESS Chapter 109: Dreaming in 3D
Sunday, April 25
Friday Night SmackDown (3/26/21)**
WWE 24: The Miz
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, IMPACT Wrestling World Champion Rich Swann promised the fight of his life against Kenny Omega.
“This is the biggest match of my career. The focus is on Kenny Omega, and that’s understandable. He’s the ‘Best Bout Machine,’ he’s Dave Meltzer’s favorite wrestler, he’s this seven-star wrestler. Kenny has proven why he deserves this attention. But I’m here, too. I’m also a person that has battled adversity. I was told I was going to have to retire due to an injury, that I might not walk the same again. I’m still here. Now I’m in a match that is almost unprecedented. Two world champions from two different companies, repping two different television stations, and we’re about to blow this industry’s roof off.”
- WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco was slated to undergo a knee replacement today. Fightful sends its best wishes for a speedy recovery.
- Former WWE Superstar Mason Ryan spoke about his career briefly in a new real estate podcast.
- Mickie James channeled The Simpsons to describe the events of last week's release.
Live footage of Last Thursday: https://t.co/cu8VrrZM5C— Mickie James~Aldis (@MickieJames) April 19, 2021
- Former WWE backstage correspondent Charly Caruso spoke about her time with the company in a new interview with Indy Star.
- Speaking on the Rich Eisen show, Stephanie McMahon recalled her earliest memories of WWE named several celebrities, including Cardi B that she would like to see WWE work with.
- WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley will be a guest on Pawn Stars tonight at 10 p.m. eastern time.
When a Mick Foley t-shirt and autographed mask come into the shop, Rick calls in the @WWE Hall of Famer @RealMickFoley himself to authenticate it TONIGHT at 10/9c on #PawnStars!--Learn more about his legacy during @AETV's 8-part Biography: WWE Legends event every Sunday at 8/7c! pic.twitter.com/zudYJpZFbS— Pawn Stars (@pawnstars) April 19, 2021
- Check out the latest preview for tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw here.
- Michael Hayes commented on the main event of WrestleMania 37 noting that he really enjoyed wrestlers not kicking out of each other's finishing maneuvers.
Want to know what was soo unique about the AWESOME TRIPLE THREAT that closed Night 2????— Michael PS Hayes (@MichaelPSHayes1) April 18, 2021
No One kicked out of each other’s finish!!!
When is the last time that happened in a WM Main Event?
I could not be PROUDER of our Talent, who went through over a year performing as there was a live crowd, I applaud them All for doing that!— Michael PS Hayes (@MichaelPSHayes1) April 11, 2021
Then to NAIL tonight like they did, CONGRATS!!
I also want to give CONGRATS to the live audience Tonight!!
- Today, WWE stock closed at $56.74 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.