Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for NXT. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight coverage of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook! Facebook.com/FightfulOnline.
- NXT begins with a recap montage of NXT Takeover: In Your House.
- We are welcome to the Capitol Wrestling Center by NXT commentator Vic Joseph.
- The show begins with William Regal walking to the ring and fans chanting, "Regal, Regal, Regal." Regal is acting rather somber and says he has been with NXT since the beginning. He is showing a lot of emotion and sheds some tears. He talks about how much NXT means to him. He says that there are many things that people do not know; when he is not with his family, he thinks about how to make NXT better.
Regal says with the chaos going on, he can't give what the fans deserve anymore. Regal says, "I think it is time for me," and he gets cut off as Karrion Kross and Scarlett Bodreaux make their way out. Kross says we know that this day would come out and that they wanted to see it. Kross asks Regal, "are you crying? You are pathetic". Kross says Regal knew that Kross went through the NXT Mount Rushmore and that Regal knew it was over.
Kross says to tell him "that he is leaving and we don't have all night, Tick Tock." Samoa Joe's music goes off, and he enters the ring; he gets in the ring and says, "Mr. Regal, I believe you wanted to speak to me." Regal says he wants Samoa Joe to be the next NXT General Manager. Samoa Joe says "absolutely not" and says that Regal "made NXT International Phenomenon." Joe says that I gave you hell, but I always respected and I will make sure that you get respect from everybody.
Joe says that he will stay for Regal to make sure he is going to be around. However, Regal says that if he does this, there is one condition: he cannot be a competitor or put his hand on anyone unless provoked. Joe then shakes Regal's hand and then gets in the face of Kross and asks, "what the hell are you still doing in this ring"? They then head to the first commercial break of the evening.
- Grizzled Young Veterans cut a promo saying that they are tired of Thatcher and Ciampa not respecting them, and that's why they will have a Tornado Tag-Team match tonight.
Breezango vs. Imperium (Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner)
The match begins with Tyler Breeze and Marcel Barthel lock-up; neither men get the upper hand until Barthel hits Breeze with a nice shoulder tackle. Breeze tags in Fandango, and Fandango hits Barthel with a nice dropkick. Fabian Aichner tags himself in and delivers a few heavy strikes to Fandango; Fandango returns with some heavy strikes as well. Breeze goes to do a flip over the rope, but he misses and hits the ground. Fandango then goes over the rope and hits both Imperium members down. They head to their first picture-in-picture commercial break with Fandango in control.
Imperium is now in control during the commercial break, and Aichner and Barthel are laying it in on Breeze. Aichner now delivers multiple European uppercuts to Fandango right after he tags in. Barthel has Fandango in a submission hold and delivers multiple elbows. Fandango attempts to go for the tag, and he gets the hot tag; Aichner takes Breeze out with the clothesline. He goes to pick up Breeze; however, Breeze rolls him up to get the upset win. After the match, Imperium attacks Breeze.
- After the match, they cut backstage, and Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly are fighting, and Regal is trying to keep them separated and tells them that they will take go against each other at Great American Bash. Cole and O'Reilly go at again; however, Samoa Joe breaks it up after pushing O'Reilly, and then Joe puts Adam Cole to sleep after Cole pushed him. We head to another commercial break.
- Santos Escobar cuts a promo about Bronson Reed and says that they are not done. Escobar says he will be going after Bronson, and it will be one-on-one, and he will be the next North American Championship match.
NXT Cruiserweight Championship Open Match
Trey Baxter vs. Kushida (C)
Trey Baxter answers the challenge; he cuts a short promo and says that this is a dream match, and after tonight people will know Trey Baxter. Baxter and Kushida begin with a tie-up; Baxter avoids Kushida as he shows his speed and athleticism. Kushida takes Baxter down with a heavy strike; Baxter counters everything that Kushida throws at him. Next, Baxter hits Kushida with a nice springboard punch; Kushida rolls outside of the ring. Baxter showboats a little bit, and Kushida takes him down with a heavy right.
Kushida is not in control long as Baxter takes him out again. Kushida is outside of the ring again, and Baxter hits Kushida with an over-the-top-rope dive. They are heading out for another commercial break; they show Kyle O'Reilly watching the match right outside the entrance before they do.
They are back from the break, and Kushida is in control; Kushida hits Baxter with an enzuigiri. Baxter then hits Kushida with a big kick to the head of Kushida. Kushida and Baxter exchange heavy strikes; he sends Kushida to the ropes and hits him with a Spanish fly. Baxter hits Kushida with a 450 splash, Baxter goes for the pin. Kushida kicks out at two; Kushida retakes control and locks in the Hoverboard Lock. Baxter taps out, and Kushida retains the NXT Cruiserweight Championship. After the match, Kyle O'Reilly challenges Kushida for an NXT Cruiserweight Championship match.
- We get a backstage promo with Franky Monet, and he says that she will have her world premiere match again next week. Then, they head out for another commercial break.
- Back from the commercial break, and Mercedes Martinez says that she is ready for Boa.
- Ted DiBiase comes out; the Million Dollar Belt is already in the ring with two security guards. DiBiase says he finally found someone who can keep the legacy going of the Million Dollar Man. They show a quick vignette of LA Knight, who was celebrating the big win at NXT Takeover. LA Knight drives up and walks into the CWC, and enters the ring. LA Knight has the mic now and says how much it means to share a ring with "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase. Knight says that DiBiase was a fixture of his childhood and that he is glad that DiBiase is there, and Knight says it would be a dream come true if he could crown him the new Million Dollar Champion they both laugh maniacally. Knight says that he has everything he's ever wanted, and now that he has everything he wants, it is time to drop everything I don't need, and he lays DiBiase out a heavy punch and then continues attacking DiBiase. Cameron Grimes makes the save and takes out LA Knight, who then retreats. Grimes tells Knight "that he crossed the line and he will pay."
- They go to a promo with Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez to discuss their match against Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter, then they will go after The Way's Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell.
- They come back from commercial break, William Regal and Samoa Joe have to hold back Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart, who are trying to get to Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez.
Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter vs. Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez
Dakota Kai and Kayden Carter begin the match with a tie-up, Carter takes control really quick, and she tags in Kacy Catanzaro. Catanzaro and Carter exchange multiple tags and are hitting her with a flurry of strikes. Kai makes it over to Raquel Gonzalez for the tag; Catanzaro and Carter double-team Raquel Gonzalez and complete control of the match.
Dakota Kai tags in, and she gets taken out right away. Kai rolls to the outside of the ring, and Kayden Carter then jumps from the top rope and drops Kai. Gonzalez walks over to Kai and gets her back to their corner. They are making their way back, and they get attacked again from an over-the-top attack.
They are now back from commercial break with Kai and Gonzalez in control and are double-teaming Catanzaro and laying it in on her. Catanzaro gets to Carter for the hot tag; Carter takes out Kai and Gonzalez off their feet. Kayden Carter lands a huge diving boot on the face of Dakota Kai. Carter goes for the pin; Kai kicks out.
Gonzalez tags in and hits Carter with a big sidewalk slam; Carter kicks out at two. Dakota Kai is the legal competitor now, and she takes Carter out with a big punch. Catanzaro makes the save. Carter gets to Kacy for the tag, and Kacy hits Kai with a 450 splash. Kacy goes for the pin; however, Gonzalez makes the save. Kai hits the GTK and then pins Catanzaro to get the win.
Winners: Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez
- We get a cryptic promo clip of a battery flashing, hinting at new NXT competitors.
- Io Shirai is in the ring and says that she is back; Shirai says that "her next target is" and gets cut off by Candice LeRae. Candice tells Io that she has to start back at the bottom; she tells Io that she picked the wrong time to screw with her. Io gets attacked from behind by Indi Hartwell; Indi and Candice are laying it in on Io. Candice and Indi put Io onto the commentary table, and Candice tells Indi to hit her with an elbow drop. Indi gets into the ring but is attacked by Zoey Stark; Io and Zoey clear the ring as Candice and Indi retreat.
- They go to Samoa Joe and William Regal for an interview, but the camera feed gets cut off.
- We get a promo of Diamond Mine, and that they will debut next week.
- They go back to William Regal and Samoa Joe, Johnny Gargano and Austin Theory interrupt them. Joe tells him to leave, and then Pete Dunne walks into the room and has a stare-down with Samoa Joe.
Tornado Tag-Team Match
Timothy Thatcher and Tomasso Ciampa vs. Grizzled Young Veterans
The match begins with all four men exchanging strikes; Tomasso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher take control of James Drake and Zack Gibson. Thatcher and Ciampa both put submission moves on the Grizzled Young Veterans. Drake and Gibson recover and then take Thatcher out over the rope; they try going after Ciampa, and Ciampa counters their attack and lands a big double clothesline.
The action is now outside of the ring, with Drake and Gibson punishing Ciampa and Thatcher. Thatcher has Drake in a chokehold, but Gibson makes the save. Gibson and Drake are double-teaming each man. Gibson takes down Thatcher; he goes to pin Thatcher; however, Thatcher kicks out. Ciampa now goes on his marathon run and is taking out Grizzled Young Veterans and continues the attacks. Ciampa and Thatcher land at least six running European upper cut's. They head to their last picture-in-picture commercial with each team mixing it up; one team would gain the advantage, and then the other team would. Ciampa is stomping on the middle of Zack Gibson's back.
Gibson recovers rather quickly and pushes Ciampa into the commentary table. Thatcher and Drake are in the ring; Drake has Thatcher in a headlock and then transitions it into another submission. Ciampa is on the outside trying to recover; Grizzled Young Veterans are double-teaming Thatcher. Thatcher then gets a few strikes in; Gibson drops Thatcher with a dropkick from the top rope. Drake still has a headlock on Thatcher; Ciampa makes the sakes, stomps on Drake multiple times.
Ciampa went for the big boot, but he misses and takes out Thatcher by accident. Ciampa hits Drake with the Air Raid Crash; Ciampa goes for the pin; however, Drake kicks out. Ciampa and Drake are on the outside, and both men exchange multiple chops to the chest each other. Grizzled Young Veterans hit Ciampa with the Doomsday Device on the outside of the ring. Thatcher and Gibson get in the ring, and now both of them are exchanging multiple European uppercuts.
Thatcher and Gibson are countering each other's submissions until James Drake makes the save. Then, they take down Thatcher with a big knee drop to the spine of Thatcher. Then, the action goes to the outside. Ciampa tries to take Gibson through the table, but it did not break. So, Ciampa gets back into the ring, and they hit the Fairytale Ending and then end it with a double submission with an armbar and the ankle lock, and Drake taps out, giving Ciampa and Thatcher the big victory.
Winners: Tomasso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher
- After the match, they go backstage to William Regal and Samoa Joe, and they both said it was a good first night with many more to come, and the show goes off the air.