Listen in to Vince McMahon talking WWE's quarterly earnings. You can see coverage below, and we'll have more coverage from Carlos Toro later.
- Vince McMahon credits cost savings for their very good Q2 numbers, and touts their digital numbers. He thanks Frank Riddick for the work he's done as interim CFO.
- WWE's social media is down for the first time. If they're counting the loss of released superstars, that makes sense, but their main account actually lost 11,000+ followers in June.
- A caller asks about "soft" ratings, and cites COVID, but asks if Vince McMahon is worried and his plans to change it. Vince says the audience is integral to the ratings, but thinks they need new characters, better characters and more compelling story lines.
- Vince McMahon says a decision hasn't been made yet on a Saudi Arabia event, but considering where they are in their economy he doubts it.
- WWE says a Sony deal caused a lot of geoblocking that affected their social media numbers and caused them to fall.
- The caller also asks about Heyman being fired, and abandoning the development of wrestlers. Vince McMahon says he thought Heyman did a good job creatively, and answered nothing else associated with that question besides saying you always have to develop new characters.
- Caller asks why AEW & NXT have bounced back in ratings better during COVID than Raw & Smackdown. Vince says that AEW and NXT are newer, and that's why.