Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Monday Night RAW!
- Earlier today Riddle interrupted Bobby Lashley as he was making his way into the arena before challenging Bobby to a match where if he wins he gets a title opportunity before Bobby attacks him.
- We then go to the new ThunderDome where we are told that the match will take place and open tonight's show.
WWE Championship Number One Contender Match
Bobby Lashley (c) (w/ MVP) vs Riddle
Bobby goes right after Riddle and brutalizes him before sending him out of the ring and hitting a military press that sends Riddle over the barricade off camera as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Bobby still in control as we see that Riddle was nearly counted out during the break before Bobby locks in a rear chin lock and Riddle tries to come back with strikes before Bobby hits a flatliner for two for a deep two count. Bobby then drops Riddle with a back elbow and tries to rip his face apart before Riddle comes back with kicks and misses the Floating Bro before Bobby locks in the Hurt Lock for the tap and the win.
Winner: Bobby Lashley defeats Riddle via submission.
- We get a recap of Rhea Ripley winning the RAW Women's title from Asuka last night at Wrestlemania before we go backstage an interview with the new champion ahead of their Wrestlemania rematch later tonight.
The Viking Raiders vs Shelton Benjamin & Cedric Alexander
The Raiders are in control of Cedric and Shelton early as they use their superior to overwhelm the two before Shelton comes in and beats Erik down before hitting a float over suplex for two. Cedric comes back in and hits a running knee in the corner and Erik drives him back into a neutral corner before Cedric rocks him with clubbing blows against the ropes. Shelton comes in and hits an Olympic slam for two before Cedric comes back in and Erik gets the hot tag to Ivar after dropping Cedric with a knee. Ivar drops Shelton repeatedly before Shelton backs him into the corner and he takes out both Cedric anc Shelton with a running double clothesline before Erik comes in and uses Ivar as weapon. The Raiders then hit a pop-up powerslam for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Viking Raiders defeat Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin via pinfall.
- We get a brief backstage interview with Asuka ahead of her attempting to reclaim her title up next as we go to commercial.
- Charlotte Flair comes out to the ring and addresses her abscence from RAW and Wrestlemania before saying that no one on the women's roster compares to her and that she doesn't steal opportunities; she is the opportunity.
WWE RAW Women's Championship Match
Rhea Ripley (c) vs Asuka
The two lock up before exchanging strikes and backing each other into opposite corners before Rhea slings Asuka across the ring by her hair and Asuka locks in an armbar before Rhea gets to the ropes for the break. Rhea then rocks Asuka against the ropes before setting her backwards on the top rope and dropkicking her off of the top an down onto the floor as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Rhea clotheslining Asuka before mocking her and Asuka hits a missile dropkick before locking in the Prism lock and Asuka gets to the ropes before tapping. Rhea rips Asuka back and hits a sit-out facebuster for two before hitting several knees with a cravat and they dodge each other before Asuka goes for a Fujiwara. Rhea rolls through before Asuka locks in the Asuka Lock briefly before Rhea gets free and hits an electric chair drop for a deep two count before they end up on the apron. Asuka then sends Rhea into the post and hits a piledriver off of the post before Charlotte comes out of nowhere and attacks Asuka for the disqualification.
Winner: Asuka defeats Rhea RIpley via disqualification, but Rhea retains due to champions advantage.
- After the match Charlotte attacks Rhea before going back to Asuka and lays the two out.
- Backstage Miz and Morrison are walking before Miz sees Maryse and the two leave John before we get a graphic for Alexa's Playground up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Shayna and Nia backstage watching a replay of Mandy Rose slipping on the ramp at Wrestlemania before Mandy shows up and slaps Nia before she and Dana take Nia out.
- We go to the ring to Alexa's Playground where Alexa addresses her betrayal of The Fiend at Wrestlemania in his match against Randy in which she cost The Fiend the win in his in-ring return.
- We get this week's edition of Miz TV with special guest Maryse before they're interrupted by Damian Priest as we go to commercial.
2 on 1 Handicap Match
The Miz & John Morrison vs Damian Priest
Priest goes right after Miz before knocking John off of the apron and Miz backs him into the corner before M&M take control and John grounds Damian before he gets to his feet and rocks John with a roundhouse kick. Damian hits jumping back elbows in opposite corners into a Broken Arrow to John before rocking Miz with strikes and hitting him with South of Heaven for a near fall that John breaks up. John gets the hot tag and Damian clotheslines him before going up top and John rolls out of the ring before Damian hits a tope over the post and sends John back inside before stomping Miz down on the apron. John meets Damian up top and sends him down onto the apron before Damian knocks John off of the top turnbuckle and hits a diving, spin kick for a near fall before Miz gets the blind tag. Damian then hits John with Hit the Lights before Miz tries to hit him with the Skull Crushing Finale and Damian goes for Hit the Lights to Miz before Maryse interferes and Miz pins Damian with a leverage pin.
Winner: The Miz and John Morrison defeat Damian Priest via pinfall.
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax vs Dana Brooke & Mandy Rose
Shayna nearly trips Nia before the match starts and Nia drives Dana into the corner before hitting a running splash and stomping and choking Dana in the corner before Shayna comes in and drops Dana with a knee for two. Shayna stretches Dana before Nia comes in and hits a running leg drop before locking in a rear chin lock and Dana comes back with a jawbreaker into an enzugiri and gets a hot tag to Mandy. Mandy hits a missile dropkick and drives Shayna into the corner before Shayna counters a Tiger driver and locks in the Kirifuda clutch before Mandy spills out of the ring and Nia brings her back inside. Nia then tries to get into the ring and slips before Dana and Mandy escape and Nia is furious as Mandy and Dana are counted out.
Winner: Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax defeat Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke via count out.
- We go to the ring for Bobby Lashley's championship address after retaining against Drew McIntyre on night one of Wrestlemania where MVP does all of the talking until he's interrupted by Drew, Braun Strowman, and Randy Orton, all vieing for a title shot. Adam Pearce then comes out and makes a triple threat match between the three where the winner gets a shot at Bobby and his WWE title at Wrestlemania: Backlash.
- We get a graphic for New Day versus Elias and Jaxson Ryker up next as we go to commercial.
- Backstage Drew has an exchange with Braun before Braun leaves.
New Day vs Elias & Jaxson Ryker
The four face off before New Day clear the ring and get back inside as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Elias and Jaxson double teaming Xavier for two before Xavier knocks Elias off of the apron and gets knocked out of the air by Jaxson for two before Kofi gets the hot tag. Kofi and Xavier then make their comeback and pin Elias with their finisher for the pin and the win.
Winner: New Day defeat Elias and Jaxson Ryker via pinfall.
- Backstage Randy cuts a promo ahead of the number one contender triple threat match later tonight in our main event as we go to commercial.
- We get the return of the Firefly Funhouse where Bray talks about what happened at Wrestlemania to The Fiend and how he's reborn and feels like a new man. Bray then goes on to talk about how this might be a new start for the Firefly Fun House.
WWE Championship Number One Contender Triple Threat Match
Drew McIntyre vs Braun Strowman vs Randy Orton
Randy and Drew briefly team together to double up on Braun before Braun runs them over and sends them out of the ring before running at them and Drew hits Braun with the steps before Randy drops Drew across the announce table as we go to commercial.
We come back to Randy and Drew beating Braun down in the ring before Randy attacks Drew and rips him off of the apron before sending him into the post and Braun runs him over before hitting Drew with the steps. Braun hits Randy and Drew with the steps before tossing Randy into the ring and Randy kicks the roeps before hitting a draping DDT and an RKO for a near fall that Drew breaks up with a Claymore for the pin and the win.
Winner: Drew McIntyre defeats Randy Orton and Braun Strowman via pinfall to become the new number one contender for Bobby Lashley's WWE title at Wrestlemania: Backlash.
- After the match MVP comes out and Drew is laid out by T-Bar and Slapjack as we go off the air.