Even with the success of the WWE Network, WWE still has plans for DVD releases entering 2018 and the list of planned projects are certainly interesting.
From your typical match collection sets to fully-featured documentaries, the company has a variety of topics set for the next year.
The full list of plans are as follows:
- Best of 2017 DVD sets for Raw & Smackdown, PPV matches, and NXT.
- 30th Anniversary of Summerslam.
- A feature documentary on AJ Styles.
- 25th Anniversary of Monday Night Raw.
- Shane McMahon's "Craziest Moments."
- A new title devoted to The Shield.
- Best of the Hardy Boyz.
- "Unreleased" collections devoted to Randy Savage and Shawn Michaels.
- A collection of WWE 24 documentaries.
Of the list of nine sets, the feature documentary on AJ Styles is particularly interesting, as WWE doesn't own much of his career footage.
Styles spent over a decade with Impact Wrestling from 2002-2013, and one has to wonder if WWE will find a way, or even attempt, to secure rights to use footage from his time there for the documentary. Of course, getting those who worked with Styles in the company then known as TNA Wrestling shouldn't be too difficult as the likes of Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, R-Truth, Christian, Booker T and others are currently work for or with WWE at the present time.
The collection of WWE 24 documentaries should also garner high interest as it gives those without access to the network the ability to catch up on a series that has quickly become one of the best produced programs the WWE currently puts on.
- From The Web