The following is an excerpt from our upcoming Pro Wrestling Youtube roundup for 2020 that takes a look at top videos from each company's 2020 year. Only original content that came from the year 2020, typically on first-run programming is considered.
For WWE, it's hard to measure what of their first-run content is the most viewed of the year. They're media juggernauts, and most of their Raw, Smackdown or NXT videos don't crack their top 100 after over a decade's worth of content. Fortunately, WWE release their own top 10 most viewed original content video. Oddly, they did it on December 2. It didn't make much of a difference, as nothing in December reached that benchmark. Their top 10 list was also very honest, and reflected the actual rankings, except for Becky Lynch's case, where the birth of her child surged the views to put her higher on the list.
It does seem like WWE avoids redundancy in some cases, and opts to only put one video from each storyline on the list.
- Edge returns at Royal Rumble (23,399,742)
- Retribution swarm Braun Strowman (19,162,460)
- Braun Strowman flips over Miz and Morrison's van (15,880,366)
- Roman Reigns dishes out dog food to King Corbin (13,241,982
- Dominik Mysterio fights off Seth Rollins & Murphy (9,486,106)
- Mandy Rose debuts her new look, attacks Sonya Deville (8,412,228)
- Goldberg spears the Fiend (6,123,817)
- Braun Strowman uses Alexa Bliss to entice the Fiend (6,044,453)
- Seth Rollins & Murphy brutalize Dominik Mysterio with Kendo sticks (5,887,325)
- Becky Lynch Announce's She's Pregnant (5,716,642)
- Aftermath of Randy Orton's Assault on Edge (5,550,005)
- Goldberg Spears Wyatt 4 times (5,445,536)
The Dominik, Rey Mysterio, Seth Rollins and Murphy angle had five clips that all landed over 4M viewers, which goes beyond statistical anomaly into bonafide, proven Youtube draw.
WWE had a "hero in all of us" video that drew 2.5M for English language, and 5M for international, as well. A year-old Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Roode match drew 5.7M.The 2019 Survivor Series brand warfare full match did 6.8M million a full year later.
As far as original content, the numbers for WWE are far less impressive in the top 10 than the year prior. In 2019, Goldberg hit the tenth-most with 9.2M views, which would have put him at sixth in 2020. Shane McMahon, Cain Velasquez, Ronda Rousey, Dean Ambrose and others that ended up on the 2019 list were gone all of 2020, and Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, and Becky Lynch would all be absent or leave by the time May rolled around.
When using information or aggregating this list, please credit Fightful and link back to this page.