WWE SmackDown scored big in the preliminary ratings.
SpoilerTV reports SmackDown averaged 2.87 million viewers on August 27. This number is up from last week's viewership of 2.237 million viewers.
The first hour scored 2.93 million viewers while the second hour had 2.81 million viewers.
As expected, NFL preseason preemptions boosted the overnight number for SmackDown. According to Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, Smackdown scored 2.250 million viewers in the final viewership number.
The show posted a 0.65 rating in the 18 to 49 demographic overnight, topping the night on network television.
The final rating came in at 0.59 (764,000 viewers) in the 18 to 49 demographic.
Top 5 Most Viewed WWE SmackDown (8/27) Videos on YouTube
- Finn Balor invades Bloodline celebration (872K views)
- Becky Lynch comes face-to-face with several challengers (556K views)
- The Usos confront Paul Heyman (507K views)
- Happy Corbin attempts to buy Big E's briefcase (409K views)
- Sami Zayn vs. Dominik Mysterio (260K views)
You can keep up with all the television viewership numbers by using Fightful's resources section.