Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with Edge making his way out to the ring before we get a video package for the Hell in a Cell match between he and Seth Rollins next Thursday at Crown Jewel. Edge then cuts a promo to Seth where he talks about how badly he's going to beat Seth after their Hell in a Cell match.
King of the Ring Semifinal Round Match
Finn Balor vs Sami Zayn
Sami and Finn start the match off by exchanging arm drags and headlocks before they run the ropes and Sami clotheslines Finn for two before grounding him with a rear chin lock before Finn sends Sami out of the ring and hits a tope as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Finn still in control before Sami comes back briefly before Finn dropkicks him out of the air and Sami counters a reverse DDT into a blue thunderbomb for two before hitting an exploder into the corner and stacks Finn up for a near fall. Finn misses the Coup de Grace before Sami rolls him up for a near fall before Finn hits a jumping stomp into a shotgun dropkick and a Coup de Grace for the pin and the win.
Winner: Finn Balor defeats Sami Zayn via pinfall to advance to the next round of the tournament.
- We come back from the break to a video package for Drew McIntyre who will be coming to Smackdown next Friday.
Naomi vs Shayna Baszler & Sonya Deville
Before the match Sonya comes out onto the stage and has Shayna Baszler take her place in the match before the match starts and Naomi chases Sonya around before she gets back into the ring and drops Shayna before Sonya hits a running knee. Shayna and Sonya double team Naomi before Naomi sends Sonya out of the ring and drops Shayna before Sonya grabs her leg and Naomi grabs Sonya by the hair before Shayna locks in the Kirifuda clutch and chokes Naomi out before Sonya puts her foot on Naomi and pins her for the win.
Winner: Sonya Deville and Shayna Baszler defeat Naomi via pinfall.
- We go the ring to Seth Rollins who mocks Edge and says that he's not afraid or intimidated by having to face Edge in a Hell in a Cell match.
Queens Crown Tournament Semifinal Match
Carmella vs Zelina Vega
Zelina and Carmella lock up before Carmella rolls Zelina up for two before Zelina rolls her up for two and exchange standing switches before Carmella grounds Zelina with a straight armbar before Zelina gets to her feet and comes back with strikes and Carmella rolls out of the ring. Carmella then goes to put her mask on before seeing Liv and Carmella backs into the ring before Zelina pins Carmella with an inside cradle for the win.
Winner: Zelina Vega defeats Carmella via pinfall to advance to the finals of the tournament.
- We get a video package for Sheamus who will be returning to Smackdown next Friday.
- We go to the ring for tonight's edition of Happy Talk before Happy and Madcap are interrupted by Rick Boogs and King Nakamura and Street Profits.
Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs Street Profits
The four brawl before the action spills to the outside before the Usos double up on Montez for two before taking out Angelo at ringside before Montez hits a tope over the post and takes out the Usos before grabbing a table and the Usos hit a double suicide dive as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to the Usos hitting Angelo with kendo sticks before Montez comes back and takes out the Usos for a near fall before Jey hits a pop-up Samoan drop to Montez before SP double up on Jey for a near fall. SP beat on Jey with a kendo stick and chair before the Usos hit double superkicks to both Montez and Angelo for a near fall before Montez hits a diving frog splash for a near fall that Jey breaks up before putting Montez through a table at ringside. The Usos then hit Angelo with a double superkick before hitting a double diving splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Usos retain their Smackdown Tag Team titles by defeating Street Profits via pinfall.
- We get a backstage interview with Becky Lynch ahead of her non-title match against Sasha Banks in our main event.
Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks
They lock up before exchanging wrist locks and standing side headlocks before Becky drops Sasha with a shoulder block and gets two off of a sunset flip before they take each other down and exchange pin attempts for two. Sasha drops Becky and beats on her in mount before Becky focuses on the arm of Sasha to set up the Fujiwara before Sasha rocks Becky with a knee and hits a meteora into the post before Becky drops her at ringside. Sasha gets back into the ring and Becky immediately stomps her before sweeping Sasha and hitting a bulldog for two before locking in a rear chin lock and Sasha gets to her feet before hitting a trio of suplexes for two. Becky sends Sasha into the post before trapping her between the top and middle rope in the corner before hitting a diving leg drop for two before Sasha hits a jawbreaker and Becky stomps her down. Sasha rolls out onto the apron before Becky grabs her and Sasha sends her into the post before rocking her with a knee and hitting a running meteora into Becky into the post and one back inside the ring before hitting a diving meteora for a deep two count. Becky counters a back stabber and a superplex before Becky hits the back stabber and Becky flies out of the ring through the ropes before Becky counters a powerbomb off of the apron into a leg drop onto the apron before Sasha locks in the Banks Statement at ringside. Sasha tosses Becky back inside and goes up top before hitting a frog splash for a deep two count before Becky hits a diving leg drop for two before sending Sasha out onto the apron and missing a diving leg drop before Sasha drags her out. Becky accidentally hits Bianca at ringside before Sasha takes Becky out and tosses her back into the ring before going for a diving splash and Becky gets her knees up before covering Sasha for a near fall. Becky then locks armbar before the two exchange pin falls and strikes until Becky gets to the ropes when Sasha locks in the Banks Statement before Sasha pins Becky with a back stabber for the win.
Winner: Sasha Banks defeats Becky Lynch via pinfall.
- We go to the ring for the contract signing for the Universal title match between Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar before Roman first comes out with Paul Heyman and Brock comes out second before the two sign the contract and Roman mocks Brock for not looking at the contract before signing it. Brock says that he already read the contract this morning with Paul before leaving and laughing as Roman stares down both Brock and Paul as we go off the air.