Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- Smackdown Women's champion Bianca Belair comes out to the ring to start the show before she's interrupted by Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode, The Street Profits, and Bayley. Everyone then start brawling as we go to commercial.
Bayley, Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode vs The Street Profits & Bianca Belair
Bayley and Bianca start the match off before Dolph and Angelo come in and the baby faces clear the ring before Dolph superkicks Montez and Montez rolls out of the ring to avoid the tag. Bayley sends Bianca into the steps as Roode and Ziggler isolate Montez until he gets the hot tag to Angelo who drops the tag champs and hits Roode with a neckbreaker for two. Bianca then hits Bayley with the KOD before whipping Roode and Montez hits a high angle frog splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Street Profits, and Bianca Belair defeat Dolph Ziggler, Robert Roode, and Bayley via pinfall.
- We get a backstage interview with Daniel Bryan ahead of his challenging for the Universal title in tonight's main event where he'll have to leave Smackdown forever if he loses.
- We get a brief backstage interview with Nia and Shayna before Natalya and Tamina attack them and flee out to the ring for their match.
Natalya & Tamina vs Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax (w/ Reginald)
Tamina misses a diving splash early before Shayna comes in and the tag champions isolate Tamina until she tags in Natty who hits a discus clothesline to Shayna for two. Natty hits a release German for two before Shayna counters a sharpshooter and drops Natty with a kick before Nia comes in and hits a running elbow for two before Tamina gets distracted by Reggie. Natty then gets sent over the announce table before Tamina headbutts her way out of a superplex and hits a diving splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: Tamina and Natalya defeat Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax via pinfall.
- We get a backstage interview with The Mysterios who talk about how they intend to make history at Wrestlemania: Backlash.
- We get this week's storytelling promo by Aleister Black ahead of his to be announced return match.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Apollo Crews (c) (w/ Commander Azeez) vs Big E
The two mock each other before exchanging standing switches and E hits a hip toss before locking in an abdominal stretch and beating on the ribs of Apollo before dropping him with a back elbow. E drags Apollo out onto the apron and hits him with clubbing blows before hitting a splash onto the apron for two before Apollo drops him across the top rope and clotheslines E. Apollo then suplexes E onto the floor as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break as E is making his come back before E hits the Big Ending and Azeez pulls E out of the ring and sends him into the post for the disqualification.
Winner: Big E defeats Apollo Crews via disqualification, but Apollo Crews retains due to champions advantage.
- After the match Sami Zayn comes out and helps Apollo and Azeez dispose of E before he tries to celebrate with them and they lay him out.
- We get a backstage interview with Paul Heyman ahead of Roman Reigns defending his Universal title against Daniel Bryan in our main event.
- We get a graphic for Cesaro versus Seth Rollins next week.
WWE Universal Championship Match
Roman Reigns (c) (w/ Paul Heyman) vs Daniel Bryan
Daniel rushes Roman who knocks him away and drops him with a lunch before hitting a shoulder tackle and Daniel goes for an early Yes Lock before Roman gets to the ropes for the break. Daniel then hits a diving knee off of the apron as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Daniel in control of Roman back in the ring before Roman comes back with a clothesline that turns Daniel inside out before hitting a float over suplex. Roman drops Daniel with a back elbow before Daniel hits a drop toe hold into the turnbuckle and kicks Roman in the chest before Roman counters a frankensteiner into an avalanche powerbomb for a deep two count as we go to commercial.
We come back to Roman man-handling Daniel at ringside before tossing him into the ring and stomping him before Daniel comes back with kicks and Roman hits a Samoan drop for two. Daniel superkicks Roman and hits a PK to his arm before focusing on the arm and Daniel sends Roman over the top rope before Roman catches him when he goes for a suicide dive. Roman then hits an overhead belly to belly suplex before Daniel side steps him when he goes for a spear and goes through the barricade as we go to commercial.
We come as Daniel hits a diving headbutt for two before Roman hits a Superman punch for a deep two count and Daniel a flying knee for a near fall as Roman gets his foot on the bottom rope. Daniel goes for the Yes Lock before Roman rolls backs into a pin before spearing Daniel for a near fall before locking in a standing guillotine and falling back onto the mat. Daniel counters the guillotine into an armbar before transitioning into the Yes Lock and Roman breaks free before beating on Daniel in his guard. Roman powerbombs Daniel before raining down blows in mount and back mount before hitting a second powerbomb and locking in another guillotine. Daniel then goes unconscious before the referee calls for the bell.
Winner: Roman Reigns retains his Universal title by defeating Daniel Bryan via referee stoppage and Daniel must leave Smackdown forever.
- After the match Roman goes to attack Daniel with a chair before he's saved by Cesaro and Jey shows up and attacks Cesaro. Cesaro is then tied up in the ropes as he watches in horror as Roman hits Daniel with a conchairto as we go off the air.