Here is your fight-size update for Wednesday, January 13th, 2021:
- WWE recently teased the debut of a new team known as MSK. They are slated to compete in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Tournament and WWE filed to trademark the three-letter term last week.
- Speaking with talkSPORT, Ridge Holland discussed the influence of William Regal on his career.
“He’s been instrumental, but kind of like a soft undertone to what I’m doing though. He’s just there for advice, he’s not overbearing. I think he’s just confident in what I can do and he lets me get on with my business. But he’s always there for advice and he’s definitely a very influential figure in a lot of careers and that’s for me also.”
- WWE Superstars choose their favorite Royal Rumble entry number:
- Stephanie McMahon recently spoke of the advent of WWE ThunderDome in an interview with Marketing Dive.
"This pandemic just sped up the transition to streaming and consumption behaviors really changing… and it encouraged us and showed us the necessity really to continue reaching our fans on all of those platforms, because that's where they are," said WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon.
"You have to be able to adjust on the fly… in order to survive in business, in general, but in times like these, that flexibility is really critical," she said.
- ICYMI: TNT is presenting the first-ever AEW awards on January 27th at 7 PM via Bleacher Report. Voting is now open.
- Sami Zayn was surprised to see an old El Generico and Kenny Omega match get some TV airtime on AXS this week.
I can’t believe this was on TV the other night. https://t.co/bYe0qRZsen— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) January 13, 2021
- In a new interview with Sportskeeda, Chris Masters affirmed the rumors that Shawn Michaels was supposed to face Eddie Guerrero at WrestleMania 22 in 2006 before Eddie's untimely passing in November of 2005.:
"It wasn’t supposed to be Shawn and Vince originally. It was supposed to be Shawn and Eddie but then it ended up turning into Vince. I still think there’s a good chance Rey would’ve still won and maybe they could have built to it the same way because that’s how they did it with Kurt [Angle], you know, remember the year before he caused Shawn to be eliminated."
- Alicia Atout was banned from MLW meeting by Salina De La Renta
Speaking of Salina De La Renta, she is hosting tonight's episode of MLW Fusion and you can view the cold opening now.
- WWE stock today closed at $50.18 a share.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select today to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube