Here's your fight size update for Friday, July 9, 2021:
- In a spoof of the tweet sent out by Big E after WWE declared The New Day has the number one tag team of all time, The Young Bucks have copied that tweet to declare themselves the number one team of all time.
We know many will disagree with the list but being named the greatest tag team of all time makes us reflect on our journey. We’re massively grateful for us. We’re thankful we bet on ourselves & were unafraid to pursue a path that felt right for us.— Young Bucks (@youngbucks) July 9, 2021
- Speaking on AEW Unrestricted, Charlie Ramone shared his memories of Brodie Lee and his kindness.
When we took that break for COVID I had to run up some ideas for giant playing cards to be on the stage for Double Or Nothing. I showed it to Cody, Cody approved. I sent it to The Young Bucks, they approved. I got to work sketching the cards, and I wanted just the main event to be on those cards. When I finished, Brodie said, ‘Why the heck did you do this for me?’ because you're in the main event, and you're a good guy,” Charlie recalled. “He liked that a lot. He went to Tony and had a meeting. He came out and he's just like, ‘I told Tony either they give you a raise or you're out of here. Somebody's going to snatch you up.’ That would have never happened. I love where I'm at, I'm so happy, oh, but it meant a lot to me that he valued me that much and went and spoke to Tony on my behalf. He didn't have to do that. He risked his reputation by doing that. I thought that was incredible.”
(If you use any of the above quotes, please link back to this article and credit Fightful for the transcription.)
- Major League Wrestling fans can watch Battle Riot 3 on beIN Sports on Saturday, July 24 at 10 p.m. eastern time.
Major League Wrestling and beIN SPORTS will team-up to televise the 40-wrestler Battle Riot III event on Saturday July 24 at 10pm ET.
“BeIN Sports has been the exclusive linear destination for every Battle Riot, and we’re elated to continue the tradition with a stacked match and give it to the fans for free on cable and satellite,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer. “This event will serve as an important chapter as we look ahead to the next season this fall.”
Set at the sold-out full capacity 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, the event features King Muertes, National Openweight Champion Alex Hammerstone, Ross and Marshall Von Erich, Davey Richards, CONTRA Unit, former World Heavyweight Champion Tom Lawlor and Team Filthy, TJP, EJ Nduka, Caribbean Champion Richard Holliday, World Middleweight Champion Myron Reed and dozens of other world class wrestlers.
MLW Battle Riot III will be available to stream for free on demand on MLW’s YouTube Channel later this month. Learn more at: youtube.com/majorleaguewrestling.
- The following content is now on WWE Network on Peacock:
- The WWE Countdown series
- The Unfiltered with Renee Young series
- The Mick Foley: 20 Years of Hell special
- The Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story documentary
- The Road Warriors: Life-And-Death documentary
- Past episodes of WWE Main Event, going back to its original 2012 debut on broadcast channel Ion in the US, are now available on Peacock.
- The WWE True Giants documentary is now Peacock.
Also, Paul Heyman has revealed that he filmed content for a special on WrestleMania 37.
Shooting a @WWE @WWENetwork documentary for @peacockTV on #WrestleMania 37, which turned out to be the Showcase for ONE Immortal ... the #TribalChief who scored the most declaratively dominant pinfall in the history of #WrestleMania main events .... @WWERomanReigns! pic.twitter.com/CiMvOeRsLG— Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) July 9, 2021
- In a recent interview on The Wrestling Inc. Daily, Arturo Ruas, who was released by WWE on June 25, spoke about the company openly letting him train for the Olympics while he was employed.
“That was kind of part of my deal coming in. They knew about my situation, and they allowed me to compete. I was at the Performance Center in October 2015. In 2016, in January, was the circuit. I had to go to Brazil to win the trials in Brazil. I had to compete in the circuit, and I did it. WWE were just waiting for me to be there, and everything changed and it didn’t happen.”
- Tonight, GCW is back on the air:
*TONIGHT 8PM CST/9PM EST*— GameChangerWrestling (@GCWrestling_) July 9, 2021
It's GCW vs LOKO at #GCWFIGHTCLUB in Houston!
Watch LIVE on @FiteTV:https://t.co/ziMNYpLbKU
Gage v Sadika
Janela v Dante
Mack v Jack
EFFY v Gino
Lloyd v Carter
AJ v Keith
Justice v Mysterious Q
This event is *SOLD OUT* pic.twitter.com/Mju34dyTH2
- Speaking with Steel Chair Magazine, Matt Cardona detailed his history and knowledge of IMPACT Wrestling before signing with the company.
“Obviously, I watched TNA when I first started up. I had the TNA action figures, but I didn’t really have any connection like I met Scott D’amore once. Of course, my buddies were on Impact like Gallows, Anderson, Heath, Eric Young, Brian Myers. I knew Tommy Dreamer, but I really had no connection with Impact management. We had some talks for a while and it never really went anywhere until the day before my debut. I got a text message saying, “Can you be at the pay-per-view tomorrow?” I said, “Yeah, I’m always ready.” I showed up jacked, tanned, and ready to compete. Ace Austin, he’s a hell of a competitor, and he’s definitely going to be a future star, a future big name in this business. It was great to mix it up with him, and I would love to wrestle him again, but once I did that once, into that first night, and I got a taste of Impact, I knew Impact was the place for me.”
- AJ Gray, who is thankfully okay, tweeted out that his flight almost crashed today:
That flight I was on almost crashed…..— Aj Gray (@RichHomieJuice) July 9, 2021
I woke up mid flight to my back touching the top of the fuckin plane and a lady saying “oh my god what the hell is going on!?!?!”— Aj Gray (@RichHomieJuice) July 9, 2021
Todd Pettengill was recently a guest on That 90s Wrestling Podcast.
- The nWo in WWE: WWE Playlist
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's film "Red Notice" has a release date on Netflix of November 12th. Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds also star in the film
"In the world of international crime, an Interpol agent attempts to hunt down and capture the world's most wanted art thief."
- Check out the trailer for Mark Out: The Digital Wrestling Collectible Card Game:
I'm feeling very good today and midnight seems so far away. How about we drop that trailer....NOW?https://t.co/XlhCaqTXWC— Mark Out The Digital Wrestling CCG (@MarkOutCCG) July 8, 2021
- Today, WWE stock closed at $56.34 per share.
- Learn the latest on Bayley's injury here.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest Off Her Chops podcast here With the former Billie Kay and Peyton Royce below:
- How will Roman Reigns respond to Edge’s brutal attack?: What to know before SmackDown: