Welcome to Fightful's results, live coverage and discussion for Bellator 268: Nemkov vs. Anglickas.
We will bring you full, fight-by-fight coverage of both of tonight's Light Heavyweight Grand-Prix bouts, plus quick results for tonight's preliminary bouts. Scroll down to the Disqus boards below and chat with fellow MMA fans during the event.
Main Card (Showtime, 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT)
- Vadim Nemkov (C) def. (#5) Julius Anglickas by submission via kimura (4:25, R4) — Light Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal
- (#2) Corey Anderson def. (#1) Ryan Bader via TKO (0:51, R1) — Light Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal
- Brent Primus def. (#3) Benson Henderson via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Henry Corrales def. Vladyslav Parubchenko via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Prelims (YouTube, 7:00 p.m. ET/4:00 p.m. PT)
- Karl Albrektsson vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov
- Mukhamed Berkhamov def. Jaleel Willis by submission via rear-naked choke (4:05, R1)
- Nick Browne def. Bobby Lee by submission via heel hook (1:38, R1)
- Javier Torres def. Gregory Milliard via split-decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Sumiko Inaba def. Randi Field by submission via arm triangle (2:02, R2)
- Lance Gibson Jr. def. Raymond Pina via TKO (1:44, R2)
- Jaylon Bates def. Raphael Montini by submission via armbar (3:49, R1)
- Sullivan Cauley def. Deon Clash via TKO (4:59, R1)
- Maria Henderson def. Collette Santiago by submission via rear-naked choke (0:40, R1)
Vadim Nemkov (C) vs. (#5) Julius Anglickas
Round One - The main event for the Bellator Light Heavyweight Championship and for the right to face Corey Anderson in the finals of the Light Heavyweight Grand Prix is officially underway. Nemkov is the aggressor early but a quick eye poke temporarily causes a stop in the action. After a quick recovery, Anglickas blasts Nemkov with a massive right hook that sends the champion to the mat but Nemkov quickly recovers, gets back to his feet and lands a takedown onto the challenger. Nemkov isn't able to garner much offense while in half guard as Anglickas is able to scramble back to his feet but Nemkov meets him with a straight right and left jab combination that ends the round.
Round Two - Round number two is underway and the champion is sporting a pretty gnarly cut above his left eye but that doesn't stop him from beginning the action with a high kick that hits it's mark. Anglickas initiates a clinch but Nemkov trips him up and ends up in top control where he lands some heavy ground and pound and shows no signs of stopping as referee Mike Beltran looks to see if he needs to stop the fight but the buzzer sounds and saves Anglickas from a potential stoppage.
Round Three - Round number three is underway and the champion picks right up where he left off and secures yet another takedown. Nemkov goes for an armbar but Anglickas is able to scramble out of danger for the time-being and gets back to his feet. However, Nemkov is relentless, clinches up with Anglickas, secures back control and uses it to drag him to the mat where he goes for another armbar but decides to reign down elbows instead. Nemkov quickly transitions to yet another armbar attempt but Anglickas is again saved by the bell as this one is heading to championship rounds.
Round Four - This one is officially in championship rounds and the champion is in full control. Nemkov quickly lands yet another takedown and quickly reigns down some vicious ground and pound, teases an americana then transitions into a kimura and Anglickas taps. A dominant performance after an early scare for the champion, who'll now face Corey Anderson in the Light Heavyweight Grand Prix finals.
Result: Vadim Nemkov (C) def. (#5) Julius Anglickas by submission via kimura (4:25, R4)
(#1) Ryan Bader vs. (#2) Corey Anderson
Round One - The first of our two Light Heavyweight Grand Prix's is officially underway. Bader immediately swarms the center of the cage but he's met with a massive right hand from Anderson that drops him and after a few follow-up shots, this one is waved off. Just like that, Corey Anderson is headed to the finals of the Bellator Light Heavyweight Grand Prix.
Result: (#2) Corey Anderson def. (#1) Ryan Bader via TKO (0:51, R1)