One of the biggest fights in boxing in Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez is set for September 16, but it may have pushed back a potential superfight.
Speaking after last night's Canelo vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fight, UFC President Dana White said that GGG vs. Canelo took the date originally planned for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor.
"We just lost our date to 'Canelo' and 'GGG,' but good, that's a good fight. I'll be at that one, too," White said to reporters in a video you can see above,
McGregor just welcomed the birth of his first child. The UFC Lightweight Champion previously stated that he'd be out of action until that occurred. Despite losing the date, Dana White is confident the bout will go down.
"Floyd wants this fight, and we want to try and make it, so we'll see what happens," White said. "Listen, Floyd is one of the best ever in the history of the game, and Conor is one of the best ever in the history of our game, so people want to see it, and I'm always into making fights that people want to see."
View the discussion thread.