Donald Cerrone Says He’s Done Chasing Conor McGregor

Donald Cerrone is back in action this weekend in the main event of UFC Fight Night Ottawa, facing Al Iaquinta in a lightweight division attraction.

“Cowboy” had been linked to potential fights with former two division UFC champion Conor McGregor, but Cerrone says he is done chasing the fighter.

“The chase is over,” he told MMA Junkie. “It’s done. I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m not going to wait.’ ‘Let’s go.'”

The reason that McGregor allegedly turned down a potential bout with Cerrone was that McGregor only wanted to compete in main event fights.

Cerrone is still willing to fight McGregor in the future, but is also willing to battle whomever the promotion throws at him.

“Who knows, man,” he said. “I’ll take it if it does, of course. If not, we’ll take whoever’s next. I love my job. I love fighting.”

UFC Fight Night Ottawa takes place on Saturday, May 4 from the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with Al Iaquinta and Donald Cerrone headlining. Fightful is providing live coverage of the event, which streams live on ESPN+.

From The Web