Your fight-size boxing update:
- Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn announced that he has signed undefeated light heavyweight prospect Anthony Sims Jr. to a deal that would have Sims fight as part of the Matchroom Boxing USA stable on the DAZN platform which will launch in the United States later this year.
- Interesting to note, WBA “super” super featherweight champion Gervonta Davis wrote on Twitter that he will move up in weight if his next fight isn’t against Tevin Farmer assuming that Farmer wins the vacant IBF super featherweight title on August 3.
- Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan and David Lemieux have been feuding on social media with Lemieux issuing a challenge to O'Sullivan to fight on the Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin undercard on September 15. O'Sullivan posted this video below where he accepts Lemieux's challenge.
- Anthony Yarde and his trainer Tunde Ajayi will reportedly be ringside in Atlantic City on August 4 to scout "potential opponents" Sergey Kovalev and Dmitry Bivol, both of whom will defend their respective WBO and WBA light heavyweight titles on separate bouts. Fightful will have live coverage of the August 4 HBO card live from the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino where the card will take place.
- The WBA rankings have been updating with a couple of changes at heavyweight. Dereck Chisora rose up to No. 7 following his win over Carlos Takam. Dillian Whyte, who recently defeated former WBO champion Joseph Parker, is now at No. 6.