Your fight-size boxing update:
- Billel Dib will return to the ring on March 30 at the Seagulls Stadium in Tweeds Heads, NSW Australia. Dib will take on Rey Juntilla and fight for the second time under trainer Angelo Hyder. Hyder is known for being the head trainer of former world champions Danny Green and Vic Darchinyan.
- Speaking of Dib, he gave his thoughts on new WBA "Regular" super featherweight champion Andrew Cancio, who defeated Alberto Machado on February 9 to win the title. Dib said “Cancio shocked me like he shocked the rest of the world. I think it’s time for Machado to move up a weight division. Cancio looked great but if he wants to keep that belt he needs to stay far away from me.”
- Kalle Sauerland dropped a very big hint as to where the World Boxing Super Series bantamweight tournament semifinal bout between Naoya Inoue and Emmanuel Rodriguez is taking place. Sauerland tweeted that "A MONSTER" is coming to the United Kingdom, a reference to Inoue's nickname "The Monster."
A MONSTER is coming....----....happy weekend all! Remaining Semi Final announcements next week #WBSS— Kalle & Nisse Sauerland (@SauerlandBros) February 9, 2019
- Below is a video of the first face-off between Mairis Briedis and Krzysztof Glowacki for their World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament semifinal. The fight is taking place in Riga, Latvia on June 15.
- Olympic gold medallist heavyweight prospect Tony Yoka will return to the ring later this year following a one-year ban for missing three drugs tests.