Your fight-size boxing update:
- The latest chapter in the ongoing saga between Sergey Kovalev, Anthony Yarde and the WBO light heavyweight saw a delay in a purse bid scheduled for this week in New York. The purse bid for the belt will now take place on June 24 at the WBO offices in San Juan, Puerto Rico starting at noon ET.
- Newly-crowned WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr. traveled to Mexico to celebrate his win over Anthony Joshua on June 1. You can see videos and photos of his time in Mexico in the tweets below.
.@Andy_destroyer1 de un gordito a otro ! Me encanto estar con Andy Ruiz, un mexicano grandioso que inspira a millones pues con trabajo, dedixCion y sacrifico todo se puede lograr . Le hicimos entrega de una dotación de chocolates MEXICANOS ! @mexico @WBCBoxing pic.twitter.com/L1NG0IhaLD— Mauricio Sulaiman (@wbcmoro) June 11, 2019
Recibí a Andy Ruiz Jr., campeón mundial de boxeo de peso completo, orgullo de México. pic.twitter.com/YtTQQfLo76— Andrés Manuel (@lopezobrador_) June 11, 2019
- It was previously announced that Prince Patel would fight for the IBO bantamweight title on July 12 in Saudi Arabia as part of the undercard for Amir Khan vs. Neeraj Goyat. Patel's opponent has been revealed and it is once-beaten Venezuelan fighter Michell Banquez.
- As for the Khan vs. Goyat fight, the WBC has revealed the WBC Pearl belt that will be on the line when the two boxers meet next month.
- Former undisputed cruiserweight champion Aleksandr Usyk has been doing commercials for an alarm company in his native Ukraine and below are clips of him in those commercials.
- Twice-beaten fighter Miguel Flores will fight Luis May on the untelevised undercard of the June 29 PBC card from Houston. The main card will see Jermall Charlo defend his interim WBC middleweight title against Brandon Adams on Showtime.