Your fight-size boxing update:
- Luis Nery's first fight since his suspended handed to him by the WBC ended will be streamed on ESPN+. Nery, a former world champion, will fight Jason Canoy for the vacant WBC Silver bantamweight title in Mexico on October 6.
- WBO Oriental heavyweight champion Zhang Zhilei was victorious in his latest fight in China back on September 28 when he knocked out Don Haynesworth in the third round. Roc Nation Sports, the company who promotes Zhilei, said it is negotiating Zhilei's next fight to be against a "world class heavyweight contender" and that the company is tentatively looking at the November 24 Matchroom Boxing card in Monaco as Zhilei's next fight.
- Fresh off his successful U.S. debut on the September 30 PBC on FS1 card, British heavyweight prospect Joe Joyce is planned to return on the Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury card that will take place at the Staples Center on December 1.
- IBF super flyweight champion Jerwin Ancajas will be present at the upcoming ONE Championship event on October 6. In that event, WBC super flyweight champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai will face off against Iran Diaz on that card and Ancajas is there to potentially build up a possible unification fight.
- Sam Bowen's opponent for his next fight is finally announced. Bowen, who won the BBBofC British super featherweight title in his last fight in April, will face Horacio Alfredo Cabral for the vacant WBO Intercontinental 130-pound title on October 6 at the Morningside Arena in Leicester.