Your fight-size boxing update:
- The Ring Magazine title will be on the line in the World Boxing Super Series junior welterweight finals between WBA champion Regis Prograis and IBF champion Josh Taylor. The fight has no date or venue as with the bantamweight finals which will also have the WBA, IBF and Ring Magazine titles on the line as well.
- Unified WBA and IBF junior middleweight champion Julian Williams wrote on Twitter that he will be requesting any future opponents to undergo random blood testing by VADA.
Just a friendly reminder for my future opponents I will be requesting at least 90 DAYS RANDOM BLOOD TESTING BY @Vada_Testing -- won’t be cycling off on me ---- now we’re gonna find out who’s really the best in the 154lbs div— JulianJrockWilliams (@Jrockboxing) May 19, 2019
- A couple of regional WBO title fights saw new champions be crowned. Below are the results of those two title bouts:
- May 18, 2019 at the Entertainment and Sports Arena in Washington, D.C.: Tiara Brown defeated Angel Gladney by TKO, round 6 to win the NABO super featherweight title
- May 18, 2019 at ABA Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand: David Light defeated Mark Flanagan by unanimous decision to win the WBO Oriental cruiserweight title
- Terri Harper will take on Bukine Noniwa for the IBO super featherweight title on July 19 at a boxing card promoted by Stefy Bull at the Magna Centre in Rotherham, England.
- Unbeaten British prospect Harvey Horn has been added to the July 13 boxing card at the O2 Arena in London headlined by Daniel Dubois vs. Nathan Gorman for the BBBofC British heavyweight title.