Conor Benn exits York Hall still as the WBA Continental welterweight champion and still climbing the divisional ranks.
Benn headlined his first boxing show as a pro and did so in impressive fashion, needing less than two complete rounds to take out Jussi Koivula to retain his regional title. Koivula started off well by landing a big right hand in the first round, but Benn soon recovered and dropped him twice in the following round before stopping him entirely. Benn improves his pro record to 15-0 while Koivula's record drops to 24-7-1.
Also on the card was a British junior middleweight title between Ted Cheeseman and Kieron Conway that saw Cheeseman escape with his title thanks to a split draw. Cheeseman is now winless in his last two fights as his previous fight saw him unsuccessfully challenge for the European title, losing to Sergio Garcia this past February.
Below are the full results of the June 21 Matchroom Boxing JD NXTGEN card from York Hall in London, England:
- Conor Benn defeated Jussi Koivula by TKO, round 2 to retain the WBA Continental Welterweight Title
- Ted Cheeseman and Kieron Conway fight to a split draw (115-114, 114-114, 113-116). Cheeseman retains the BBBofC British Junior Middleweight Title
- Craig Richards defeated Andre Sterling by unanimous decision (117-111, 116-111, 115-112)
- Anthony Fox defeated Duane Sinclair by points (79-73)
- Reece Bellotti defeated Josue Bendana by KO, round 4
- Otha Jones III defeated Michael Horabin by TKO, round 1
- Shannon Courtenay defeated Valerija Sepetovska by TKO, round 2
- Charles Frankham defeated Ilgvars Krauklis by KO, round 1