John Kavanagh Hopes To Meet With Conor McGregor In The Next Few Weeks

John Kavanagh and former two division UFC champion Conor McGregor have had quite the successful partnership over the years.

However, neither have spent much time with the other since McGregor’s loss at UFC 229, but Kavanagh hopes things will change with a potential upcoming meeting.

“He’s just back from the States; he was in Miami for the last few months training,” Kavanagh said on The Late Late Show (via Peter Carroll of MMA Fighting). “I had a small amateur show on Friday night and he showed up. I didn’t even know he was going to be there, he showed up and that was the first time I’d seen him in a while. There had been a couple of texts exchanged back and forth and I’m hoping to sit down next week and see what the plan is.”

McGregor has been dealing with a lot of outside the Octagon issues as of late, including a sexual assault allegation and bar room fight in Ireland.

The former two division UFC champion recently ended a self-imposed retirement and Kavanagh is seeing that fighting passion in McGregor again.

“I think there has been a resurgence in his passion and his love and I think if the right contest comes along, something that’s very interesting to him, a good challenge, something that will get the crowd going…I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t fight again…as soon as…it could be even the summer,” Kavanagh said.

UFC President Dana White also recently revealed that he is meeting with McGregor, possibly clearing a path for a return to Octagon action.

From The Web