Louis Smolka was all set to battle Sergio Pettis in a flyweight division attraction at next week’s UFC Fight Night 96 card, but then Pettis had to pull out of the fight with a “minor injury”, according to longtime coach Duke Roufus. Smolka didn't take that well.
Smolka decided to just let loose on his Instagram, insulting his former opponent by saying he had a “hurt vagina” and that he understands that “period cramps happen”, plus that he would be “embarrassed when he bleed through his white shorts.”
Here is the full video that the fighter posted on Instagram:
Official Statement: I will be at #UFCPortland on October 1st fighting whoever doesn't have their period. @sergiopettis wishing you a speedy recovery and a sponsorship from Kotex #louissmolka #UFCportland #TeamSmolka #hawaiielitemma #ufc #ufc #mmanews #vasport #defendhawaii #teamhawaii #sergiopettis @rvcasport @hawaiielitemma
In case you don't want to watch the video, here is a transcript of what was said (transcript provided by MMA Junkie):
“Hey guys, as I’m sure most of you already know, Sergio Pettis pulled out of our fight this morning,” Smolka says in the video. “I’d just like to wish him a speedy recovery with his hurt vagina. I understand that period cramps happen, and he’s probably going to be in the white shorts, and it’d be really embarrassing to bleed through those before the fight even started.
“So I’d just like to him a speedy recovery and send him a box of tampons, which I will autograph. For everyone else, I’ll see you on Oct. 1 in Portland.”
Smolka also posted the above video to his personal Reddit account, which is where things have backfired for him as users not only came to the defense of Pettis, but have slammed and bashed Smolka.
Here is a short list of the ways that Reddit users have taken the battle to Smolka:
– Funny you talk about vaginas with all that pubic hair on your face.
– You’re a beast Smolka, but good god, do UFC fighters have any insults that aren’t, “haha, you’re a woman, you have a vagina!”?
– My 12 year old self thinks this is hilarious.
– Wow this kid’s corny, cringe worthy even lol.
– What an insufferable, classless statement. Also, grow a real beard or shave.
– Hi Luis, impressive fight against Ben Nguyen! A few questions though:
Why do you consider having a vagina and having periods to be an insult?
Do you consider yourself superior to the women in the UFC because you don’t have a vagina?
How upset are you that over a dozen women have headlined UFC cards — something that you have never done — despite having vaginas?
Do you think that furthering the damaging attitude of sexism that is deeply ingrained in both the sport of MMA and our culture in general is worth having more people know who you are?
– I see someone got you with the ol’ gorilla mask!
– It would have sounded funnier if he didnt have the voice of a fucking 15 year old. Paige vanzant has a deeper voice than this dude
– Dude I’m gonna go ahead and lay it out for you. This is a super cornball move and not humorous in the least. Forget anything about sexism. It’s just straight up juvenille and weak telling another guy he has a vagina and being serious about it. Unless you’re in middle school. Then it’s pretty baller.
You also have that really douchey Hawaiian way of going about it. Which makes it infinitely worse. That slow, effeminate BJ Penn drawl you speak with. is enough to drive a dude insane.
– I had never heard about you until right now. And now I don’t like you. I don’t think making this video was a good idea.
The insults have continued via the Reddit page that Smolka originally posted on, which you can visit by clicking here. Smolka will face Brandon Moreno for next week’s UFC Fight Night 96 event, which is taking place on Saturday, October 1st with John Lineker and John Dodson headlining.