Marcin Tybura was all set and ready to go for a fight against late replacement Justin Willis at Saturday Night’s UFC 208 card.
However, shortly after weighing in himself, Tybura was made aware of the fact that Willis had been deemed medically unfit to fight him at UFC 208.
“When I found out, it was something I couldn’t believe,” Tybura told MMA Junkie. “I was at the medical exams, and they told me the fight in canceled. I wanted to cry. Seriously.”
Tybura was looking to move above a .500 record in the UFC on Saturday Night, his current record in the promotion is 1-1-0.
Disappointment with the fight cancelation aside, Tybura doesn’t feel that anybody should be blamed for the whole situation.
“There’s no one to blame for that,” Tybura said. “He took the fight on 10 days’ notice and tried to make weight. I don’t know exactly what happened, but the thing is there’s no one to blame.”
Willis even took to his Facebook page to tell his side of the story:
UFC 208 takes place on Saturday, February 8 from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York with Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie headlining.