The last 10 months has been eventful for the IBF minimumweight title and now a third man has won the belt in that span.
On a boxing card promoted by Manny Pacquiao in the Philippines, Pedro Taduran came from behind to beat Samuel Salva and capture the vacant 105-pound title. Taduran stopped Salva after four rounds and being knocked down in the first round.
Taduran, who previously challenged for the WBC title back in 2018, is now the third titleholder since December. The title was vacant after DeeJay Kriel, the previous titleholder who won the belt back in February, vacated it in order to move up in weight and become a two-division champion.
Also on that was flyweight title contender Giemel Magramo stopping Richard Claveras to extend his win streak to seven fights. Magramo was originally supposed to be fighting Komgrich Nantapech in an IBF flyweight title eliminator, but Nantapech pulled out of the fight right before the event due to food poisoning.
Below are results of the September 7 MP Promotions card from Metro Manila, Philippines:
- Pedro Taduran defeated Samuel Salva by TKO, round 4, 3:00 to win the IBF minimumweight title
- John Michael Zulueta defeated Mark Anthony Florida by TKO, round 4, 3:00 to win the Asian Boxing Federation and IBF Asia light flyweight title
- Giemel Magramo defeated Richard Claveras by TKO, round 3, 3:00
- Enrique Magsalin defeated Ronnie Baldonado by majority decision (76-76, 79-73, 77-75)
- Toto Landero defeated Joel Lino by unanimous decision (78-74, 77-75, 77-75)
- Rene Mark Cuarto and Jayson Vayson fight to a split draw (57-57, 57-57, 57-57)
- Angelo Beltran defeated VeeJay Velasco by KO, round 4