Bob Arum appears to be serious when it comes to making a fight between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. a reality.
For weeks during the buildup to Crawford's fight WBO welterweight title defense against Amir Khan, Arum had been open about making Crawford vs. Spence possible. Arum continued to talk about the potential welterweight superfight, even in the immediate aftermath of Crawford's win over Khan on April 20, going as far as to call out PBC's Al Haymon, saying that he is the one person stopping the fight from happening.
Talking with Yahoo Sports, Arum has a proposal in mind for making that fight possible, including doing a 50-50 split for the title bout. Arum said he would be willing to work with Fox, which has a broadcast deal to televise PBC events, including Spence's win over Mikey Garcia in March that was shown on pay-per-view, if it means the fight is can be made.
Such a proposal has worked in the past when HBO and Showtime joined forces for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao superfight in 2015 and more recently, the heavyweight showdown between Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko in 2017.
"Look, no bulls---, I'm all in. We'll do 50-50 and split the TV with both ESPN and Fox, or whoever they want to use. Do it like we did for Floyd and Manny. It's easy. We want the fight and Terence wants the fight. We are not standing in the way of this fight and we are doing everything we can to get it done. Haymon won't even talk about it," Arum said.
Spence does not have a fight lined up for now, but a recent report said Spence could potentially unify his IBF welterweight title with WBC champion Shawn Porter later this year.