It appears as if we have ourselves a lightweight championship fight for UFC 269.
According to MMA Fighting, UFC Lightweight Champion Charles Oliveira will defend his title against top contender Dustin Poirier in the main event of UFC 269
Poirier, 32 claimed that he had his eyes set on Oliviera and the 155-pound title following his second consecutive victory over the brash-Irishman Conor McGregor at UFC 264. The aforementioned back-to-back wins over McGregor rounded out Poirier's current 7-1 run which includes wins over Max Holloway, Justin Gaethje and Dan Hooker and the lone loss was to recently retired undefeated champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
The 31-year-old Brazilian-born champion Olivieira has rattled off nine consecutive wins that culminated with a second-round TKO of Michael Chandler at UFC 262 which would see 'Do Bronx' wrap UFC gold around his waist for the first-time in his career.
UFC 269 currently boasts a title-triple-header, the full announced card for the event can be seen below:
- Charles Oliviera (C) vs. Dustin Poirier — UFC Lightweight Championship
- Amanda Nunes (C) vs. Julianna Pena — UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship
- Brandon Moreno (C) vs. Alexandre Pantoja — UFC Flyweight Championship
- Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira