Endeavor has reportedly moved forward with its plans to purchase the UFC outright.
Endeavor CEO Ari Amanuel appears primed to buy out shareholders in UFC Holdings. It was reported earlier this week that Endeavor was considering eating up the remaining shares. On Wednesday, The Hollywood Reporter editor and reporter Alex Weprin wrote that Endeavor will indeed buy total control of the UFC.
Endeavor is buying out UFC, will own 100% of the MMA company— Alex Weprin (@alexweprin) March 31, 2021
MMA Fighting's Damon Martin subsequently revealed the deal closed on February 16 as Endeavor files to go public.
As part of Endeavor's official filing to go public (filed today), the company now has 100% controlling interest over the UFC. That deal closed Feb. 16.— Damon Martin (@DamonMartin) March 31, 2021
I'll have full details up on @MMAFighting later today once I finish going through the 300 page prospectus filed with the SEC.
Endeavor is trying to go public one more time. Some new stuff: It is planning to buy out UFC, giving it full ownership of the MMA giant, and is adding Elon Musk to its board of directors. THR's story: https://t.co/b7XXka3w78— Alex Weprin (@alexweprin) March 31, 2021
Endeavor currently owns 50.1 percent of the UFC. The remaining 49.9 percent is mostly split amongst investment firms Silver Lake and KKR (approximately 45.8 percent). The remaining shares are owned by a group of 23 celebrities including Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Gisele Bündchen and Ben Affleck.
UFC was a lifeboat for Endeavor in 2020. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic slashed 80 percent of Endeavor's revenue, or $2 billion, according to the New York Post. UFC accounted for 80 percent of Endeavor's revenue last year.