The UFC continues to reshape their roster with yet another fighter reportedly departing the promotion as seven-fight UFC veteran, Mark De La Rosa has fought out his contract and will not re-sign with the company.
According to TSN's Aaron Bronsteter, De La Rosa's final fight on his deal was completed when he dropped a unanimous decision to Jordan Espinosa this past June. The loss to Espinosa was the latest short-coming in De La Rosa's four-fight skid under the UFC banner.
I'm told that Mark De La Rosa fought out his UFC contract in June and is now a free agent.— Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) December 8, 2020
The news of De La Rosa's departure is just the latest of a series of roster moves that UFC President Dana White warned of. White said at the UFC Vegas 16 post-fight presser that approximately 60 fighters would be cut in the coming weeks. The cuts started earlier this week with four-time middleweight title challenger Yoel Romero and women's strawweight Rachael Ostovich earlier this week.